Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get better results from 3d verify?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are there setting anyone could recommend to clean up the results of 3d verify?  I have attached a verification image each of 3d and 2d.  The images represent some of the typical geometry I program in NX.  I can understand putting 2D on critical maintenance but please do not elimate it before 3d is enhanced more.  I have experimented using varied settings but still cannot get better 3d simulations on some parts.  Any ideas on how to clean up 3d?

NX 11.0.2
13 REPLIES

Re: How can I get better results from 3d verify?

Legend
Legend
Maybe I'm going crazy but 3d verify was like 100x better in nx9 mp3.
NX11.0.1

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dstryr wrote:
Maybe I'm going crazy but 3d verify was like 100x better in nx9 mp3.

Of course it was much better and, not to be forgotten, the remaining stock functionality also became usable.  As you should plainly see from my attachments, 3d isn't the silver bullet quite yet.  Siemens has done a lot of nice work on Verify and it so convenient to have an integrated product.  However if Siemens feels they can provide a good cad/cam solution for mould and 3d parts then they really should keep 3d verify moving forward not to mention moving forward in high performance milling; the industry has moved past trochoidal  and currently I get passed over for general hard steel cutting because I cannot program using peel milling.

NX 11.0.2

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

In NX 10 the resolution has been enhanced and the display is now better than before.

In NX 10.0.1 there should be more enhancements, if I remember correctly.

There is another thread about 3D verify, where Mark has posted an official statement.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Yes - NX 9.0.3 had enhancements to the IPW and 3D verify.

These will be available in NX 10.0.1.

In case you missed it, this is from the NX10 release notes:

Important release information

NX 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 CAM functionality is included in NX 10.0. However, new CAM functionality introduced in NX 9.0.3 MP1 and MP2 will be included only in NX 10.0.1.

Siemens PLM Software recommends that you wait for the release of NX 10.0.1 for more complete CAM updates.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Legend
Legend
When does nx10.0.1 come out?
NX11.0.1

Dstryr wrote:

It should be about a month.

If you want to conrfirm that this is the issue, GTAC can run 10.0.1 pre-release with your part and check if it is fixed.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Dstryr wrote:

The release of NX 10.0 was in December, so the first maintenance release would first appear three month later, which is March for NX 10.0.1

MRs are released at a quarterly schedule.

MPs are released at a monthly schedule.

That is just a rule of thumb and not engraved in stone.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I was hoping for constructive input on adjusting 3d so it displays tight corners better but now the thread is hijacked by software release schedules!

lol

NX 11.0.2

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Mould_United wrote:

I was hoping for constructive input on adjusting 3d so it displays tight corners better but now the thread is hijacked by software release schedules!

There are customer defaults, but you are not advised to change them as long as a support engineer doesn't say so.

These settings highly impact the performance of NX verify, so changing them without really knowing what you do will mostly make things worse.

I also think that they are highly related to your currently used hardware.

Faster CPUs, better graphic adapters and changes in the innards of NX 10.0 made it possible to use other values that do not impact the performance and give a better result.

Sorry, but you will have to ask GTAC for help, since that is the only way to get a support engineer, that can contact development for the best settings for your system.

Learn online

Solution Information