Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

How do I add time to a operation.

How do I add time to an operation? Sometimes we have inprocess inspection or gauging as part  of the machining op. I need this extra time to roll up so it is reflected in the total time at the end of the program. 

4 REPLIES

Traditionally, this was done with the TIME/ post command...

[ Edited ]

Traditionally, this was done with the TIME/ post command when we used a CLS file, but there is no OOTB event to do the equivalent. You can do this if you are experienced with posts.

Within the post, you need to add the time to $mom_machine_time.

If you have an event for your inspection, then in the proc for this event, you can adjust the time.

If you do not have an event, then you can either create a new UDE for time, or add a replacement MOM_text proc to account for the TIME major word.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Re: Traditionally, this was done with the TIME/ post command...

Hi Mark,
I have been trying to use the to $mom_machine_time. I wrote a ude that allowed the programmer to add time to the operation. I was able to get the machine time and the added operation time to add together and output the total time. The issue become when you add the next operation. The new total time does not roll up into the next operation. $mom_machine_time seems to be running in the back ground and totaling based on the operation. Any added time from the operation does not stay with $mom_machine_time.

At the end of the program $mom_machine_time is the total run time without any of the added time from operation.

I hope this is not to confusing.
Thanks for your response.

Roland

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation

Re: Traditionally, this was done with the TIME/ post command...

Roland,
I talked to the developers, and they say you can add additional cutting time and non-cutting time during posting for each operation (for any reason). The variables you should use are mom_sys_add_cutting_time & mom_sys_add_non_cutting_time. They get zeroed at the start of each oper. These extra times will be added to the total mom_cutting_time & mom_machining_time. When the additional time is passed to the post using these 2 variables, it will get accumulated.
Mark Rief
Retired Siemens
Solution
Solution
Accepted by DerekHart (Community Manager)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

You can add additional cutting time and non-cutting time...

You can add additional cutting time and non-cutting time during posting for each operation (for any reason). The variables you should use are mom_sys_add_cutting_time & mom_sys_add_non_cutting_time. They get zeroed at the start of each oper. These extra times will be added to the total mom_cutting_time & mom_machining_time. When the additional time is passed to the post using these 2 variables, it will get accumulated.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information