Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

How do I post into multiple work coords?

Title pretty much says it; how is this done, other than paying support to perform some advanced magic on the post processor? 

I'd like to post into G55, G56 G57 etc, preferably operation at a time but I could live with program at a time. Surely I'm not the only one to want this?

Thanks/Harri

6 REPLIES

Re: How do I post into multiple work coords?

Not sure I understand - but are you putting operations under various geometry pane MCSs and not getting offset/origin changes? If so - the post is not standard and is inhibiting this capability. Try one of the out of the box posts to see if they do what you want.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Sorry for not being clear, I meant posting the same program into different offsets (vises) to make copies of the same part.

Harri
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author hjoy
‎07-22-2016 01:53 AM

Normally what I do is go into your main MCS in geometry view, copy, paste.

Change the fixture offset.

NX11.0.1
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author hjoy
‎07-22-2016 01:53 AM

Theres a few ways to do this.  As I'm still inproduction on NX7.5, I don't know a lot about some of the newer ones.

1) In NX CAM, Right click on each operation (or group) -> Object -> Transform
You can make multiple copies, then (in geometry view) drag them under correct MCS.  (Note you can't put instances under different geometry parents).  Ugly to maintain, but it works

2) You can do this with "post magic"

3) (If you are a new enough version of NX) there are new "Multi-part progromming" techniques.

What NX version are you using?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

I wouldn't bother with the multiple part programming. It is very buggy still....

Sent from my iPhone
NX11.0.1

[ Edited ]

Goodness gracious Smiley Wink

I thought this would be basic functionality in any half-decent CAM package, let alone one of the top ones! Guess it's one of the workarounds or the (groan) very buggy multiple part machining.. Running NX 10.0.3 MP3.

Thanks for the good tips, at least I can get on with the job.

Regards,
Harri

Learn online

Solution Information