Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

How to add a new .OPT file on NX CAM

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

How can I enter a new .OPT file, located on C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\MACH\resource\configuration, to my NX CAM configuration?

I have configured the cam_general.dat with other file "custom_templates_v1.opt" I want to have a custom enviroment for the company templates, most common ones. Attached the photos. Maybe an environment variable is need?

cam_general.opt file

Custom opt file (custom_templates_v1.opt) for pointing custom temaplates.

The custom (custom_templates_v1.opt) isn't shown with NX CAM is loaded.

Thanks, Igor.

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Igor
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: How to add a new .OPT file on NX CAM

Hi all,

I have solved the problem.

The first step, is to locate your .dat files on C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\MACH\resource\configuration. The .dat file has the .OPT location that point to C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\MACH\resource\template_set, n this second route you must save the .OPT files. Finally, save the .PRT NX CAM templates linked to .OPT on next folder C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 9.0\MACH\resource\template_part\metric.

Thanks.

I would copy the entire %UGII_BASE_DIR%\MACH\resource folder to a shared location on a server.

This will be the basis for your customization, since it is not recommended to customize files inside of the installation folder of NX, which get overwritten by NX updates.

In addition contents of installation folders are not meant to be changed by anyone else than an installer application.

Another advantage is that you don't have to roll out the changes to each and every client running NX, you just change it on the server and it is used at the next start of NX.

In the Nx customization forum, there is a thread about NX-custom, which can be used as a base for your entire NX customization on a shared server location.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Igor
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

As Stefan said - you should not modify CAM resource files in the installed location.

If you are not familiar with setting up a resource area for customization, please take alook at

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Tech-Tips-Knowledge-Base-NX/Getting-started-with-NX-C...

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information