Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to add user defined event to user defined operation?

Hello experts,

I have been looking into user defined operations (UDOP) these days and trying to build my own operation. By studying the OOTB sample, we know how to add an linear motion to our operation. 

However, how can we also add an UDE or CYCLE command to our UDOP, so that Post Builder will recognize it? 

For example, to minic a drilling operation, which has outputs like these:

RAPID

GOTO/ 50, 50, 100

FEDRAT/ 30

CYCLE/DRILLING,....

GOTO/ 50, 50, 200     

we can get "RAPID, GOTO" by using "CreateLinearMotion" API when creating UDOP. But how can we add "CYCLE/DRILLING..." to our user defined path?

Thanks in advance

Stephan

3 REPLIES

Re: How to add user defined event to user defined operation?

There is no way to insert a UDE or a CYCLE from a UDOP currently. But it is possible to insert text events into the path and the Post will have to interpret the text appropraitely.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

[ Edited ]

Thank you Mark for your reply.

By inserting text events, do you mean use "CreatePprint" function? 

Also, I have done some research online and in GTAC solution center and I came across this thread:

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&file_type=text&q=UDOP+u...

Did I misunderstand them or they did say it is possible to use UF_UDE functions to add user defined events to the path? 

Thanks 

Stephan

By inserting text events, do you mean use "CreatePprint" function? 

No, use the function “CreateText”. When this is used the string that is input as text will come out as is. It will not be prefixed with a PPRINT statement. In the post it will be output in the proc MOM_text and the text will be in the variable mom_user_defined_text.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information