cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change only plunge feed rate?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am using NX 10. When I use Z lever profile operation and get the NC file, Between cut levers NX alway understand the plunge feed rate is tranversal feed rate. I have difficult problem to control it, I want to set the plunge feed rate different the other feed! Can NX do this?

Engage.jpgTransfer.jpgFeeds and speeds.jpg

8 REPLIES

Re: How to change only plunge feed rate?

Genius
Genius

you can't

"Between cut levers NX alway understand the plunge feed rate is tranversal feed rate"

For all milling operations if the height is set to "0" it is the approach feedrate that takes control and if the height is greater than 0 it is the engage feedrate.

Maybe a solution , if you use "Optimize Feed Rate" and the height is greater than 0, It should take out a different feedrate , but you don't control the output.

@mkn

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yes, I know this, but I want to control plunge feed rate on my own. 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Make sure to have a vertical engage move in addition to the arc engage more or change the setting of the approach move in the rapid feed section.

I would go for adding a small vertical engage move.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Can you show in a picture what NX move you are calling "plunge", using the default motion colors?  

Between Zlevels, there can be either a "Stepover" move, or a sequence of "Non Cutting Moves".

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

@MarkRief: Thanks for your reply, I know it is tranversal feed (include move from after retract to engage and move follow Z axis from previous lever to next lever what I call plunge feed) but the thing I want is control the feed move follow Z axis on my own.

Vanphu_ht91 wrote:

@MarkRief: Thanks for your reply, I know it is tranversal feed (include move from after retract to engage and move follow Z axis from previous lever to next lever what I call plunge feed) but the thing I want is control the feed move follow Z axis on my own.

Why do you want to control this feed differently? If should be in the air in zlevel. If you are cutting material, maybe you should be using cavity milling instead, which uunderstands cutting material between levels.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer
Yep, sometimes with simple part I want to use Z lever profile replace Cavity mill to cutting follow boundary curve. No problem, I found another solution!

Legend
Legend

What did you choose as a fix?

NX11.0.1

Learn online

Solution Information