Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to change the kinematics of a five axis post by using Righ Angle Head variables ?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Basically, any part with CAM data can act as a "template".

When you go to create a tool (or geometry or method or operation), the first drop list in the create dialog - "Type" - lists things like "mill_planar" or "Mill_contour" or "drill" or "turning"

Those are really part files: e.g. %UGII_BASE_DIR%\MACH\resource\template_part\(english or metric)\mill_planar.prt = type "mill_planar"

There are a couple settings that determine if an object (tool/operation/etc.) is visible to be loaded from a template part (Right-click on object -> object -> template settings...)

- Object can be used as a template (if checked, this object is visible when the part is used as a template)

- "Create if Parent is created" (this has more complex behavior)

There are OPT files (...resource\template_set\*.opt) which list what parts are (by default) available as template parts. (you can always "browse" to any part - bottom entry in "Type" drop list)

I'd suggest reading thru the appropriate section of the CAM docs, then create a template part & play a bit with the settings on objects in ALL views to see how they work.

(NX9 docs = CAM -> Manufacturing general -> CAM customization , primarily manufacturing templates section)

I haven't played with Z offsets - I'm not sure if it will change the diplay in NX, or just the posted code in the output

RE: model tool as holder: Just use the "holder" tab to model the end of the spray gun.  The tool itself is used to emulate the gap between the end of the gun & the part.  I'm not saying the holder will be (or even can be) very close to the actual spray gun head, but it is a start.

With the other stuff - it may be possible to get a "simple" parametric tool (what you use in NX) but if set up as a library tool/device, perhaps the complex geometry can be modelled there and then be used for graphical display during simulation. (see "CAM Libraries" section of  the same document - solid tool assemblies section)

Hope this helps...Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Re: How to change the kinematics of a five axis post by using Righ Angle Head variables ?

Creator
Creator

Thank you so much for all your help Ken_A. 

I hope too that these are going to help me solving the problem.

I will check and try these possibilities. If I linger on a problem than I am going to take your advices again.

Best Regards,

Spoiler
Mehmet KAHYAOGLU
CNC Programming Engineer
Address :Tusas Engine Industries Inc.
Cevre Yolu No:356, PK:162
26003, Eskisehir, Turkey

Creator
Creator

I find out "ugpost_base.tcl"  & "pb_sim.tcl" documents but I still need an example for a basic CNC machine for how to do the math. 

I found out "MTX3_xform_csys" & "MTX3_vec_multiply" too. But they are not make sense to me. without any example.

Yes I really need some code examples if it is possible. 

By the way I understand, they are your company's informations but maybe you may use for a different kind of machine just to give the idea about making the math procedure. And the "rename" feature.

Thank you so much Study, because matrix subject was my biggest problem that I could not solved.

Best Regards,

Mehmet KAHYAOĞLU

CNC Programming Engineer

Address :Tusas Engine Industries Inc.

Cevre Yolu No:356, PK:162

26003, Eskisehir, Turkey

((work)  :+90 (222) 211 2100 (834)

e-*         : mehmet.kahyaoglu@tei.com.tr

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

First off, not every MOM (mom_ or mom_kin) variable is reloadable. Neither mom_head_spindle_axis or mom_head_gauge_point is reloadable.

You may try changing mom_kin_4(5)th_axis_point and mom_kin_4(5)th_axis_vector instead. They can be reloaded via MOM_reload_kinematics.

MOM_update_kinematics will perform MOM_reload_kinematics (with current settings) and convert parameters for the old IKS to those for the new IKS. If you don't know what "old IKS" is, then you probably would not need to use MOM_update_kinematics.

Creator
Creator

Hi Study,

I have been working on the subject since you last measage. Here is What i did;

(By the way, It is a big thing for me.)

global mom_tool_axis

global u1
global m1
global w1

set u1(0) [format %3.8f $mom_tool_axis(0)]
set u1(1) [format %3.8f $mom_tool_axis(1)]
set u1(2) [format %3.8f $mom_tool_axis(2)]

#rotate around Z axis 89.0 degree;

global a
set a 89.0

global C

# degree to radyan transformation;
set C [expr $a*0.0174532925239]

#spinning around Z axis
set m1(0) [format %3.10f [expr cos($C)]]
set m1(1) [format %3.10f [expr sin($C)]]
set m1(2) 0.0
set m1(3) [format %3.10f [expr -sin($C)]]
set m1(4) [format %3.10f [expr cos($C)]]
set m1(5) 0.0
set m1(6) 0.0
set m1(7) 0.0
set m1(8) 1.0

MTX3_vec_multiply u1 m1 w1

MOM_output_literal "Rotating the VECTOR  around Z axis about 89 degree result is = $w1(0) $w1(1) $w1(2)"

I put it in to "PB_CMD_before_motion" procedure. And it worked. :smileyhappy:

What i imagine to solve the math is that to make this proc calculate every single degree for 0.001 for table rotation,

than I will get that surface which is made by vectors;

123.JPG

2-  after that solution; I will calculate every steps of the B axis and compare the B axis tool vector result with every result of the C axis vectors;

İf the result of the compare overlap, than I will be find out the right C and the B axis.

Am i on the right way to solve the math problem ?

Or is there an other way to solve it ? Can you show me any way ?

Thanks,

Mehmet.

Creator
Creator

The proc for all spins around the Z axis for the rotary is also working BUT !;

if I make 360000.0   for the "for loop"  than it really takes a long time to calculate.

If I want the tolerans 0.001 degree than I have to compute it 360000 timesx0.001 = 360.0 degree.

#Rotary tolerance; a
set a [expr $a+0.001]

Is there any way to make this compute more more and more faster ?

Best Regards,

Mehmet.

#====ALL_SPINS_AROUND_C_ROTARY================================
proc PB_CMD_before_motion { } {
#=============================================================
global mom_tool_axis

global u1
global m1
global w1

set u1(0) [format %3.8f $mom_tool_axis(0)]
set u1(1) [format %3.8f $mom_tool_axis(1)]
set u1(2) [format %3.8f $mom_tool_axis(2)]

#all w1 results will be saved to w11
global w11

global a
set a 0.0

global Calculated_Rotary_Value
global i
global C

for {set i 0} {$i <= 360000.0 } {incr i} {

#swith degree to radyan
set C [expr $a*0.0174532925239]

#spinning around Z axis # all vectors
set m1(0) [format %3.10f [expr cos($C)]]
set m1(1) [format %3.10f [expr sin($C)]]
set m1(2) 0.0
set m1(3) [format %3.10f [expr -sin($C)]]
set m1(4) [format %3.10f [expr cos($C)]]
set m1(5) 0.0
set m1(6) 0.0
set m1(7) 0.0
set m1(8) 1.0

MTX3_vec_multiply u1 m1 w1

set Calculated_Rotary_Value($i) "$a"
#Rotary tolerance; a
set a [expr $a+0.001]
set w11($i,0) $w1(0)
set w11($i,1) $w1(1)
set w11($i,2) $w1(2)
}

MOM_output_literal "Rotating the vector around Z axis about \"$Calculated_Rotary_Value(360)\" degree result is = $w11(360,0) $w11(360,1) $w11(360,2)"

}

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Mehmet,

If I understand correctly - you are just trying to come up with the right solution (which there would be two for most) of the one head rotary for the slope of the tool vector off the table. You are trying every 0.001 degree increment to find it. That would be slow. I am wondering if out of the box reverse kinematics can help. I will test some - I think that the "advanced kinematics" that helps with nutator heads works but has some rules when I last tried it.

This is a different machine than you were discussing at the top of the thread right (Shopteen?)

Dan 

NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information