Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to create postprocessor in turbo mode ?

Deal all
I want to create postproceesor in turbo mode . How to get it?

Thank you very much
6 REPLIES

Re: How to create postprocessor in turbo mode ?

[ Edited ]

Turbo mode from a post builder post is probably not practical - and would require advanced postbuilding experience to set up. On the other hand a tcl post (editing tcl directly) would probably be more straight forward (to implement turbo mode.) There was some discussion in the "old forum" (they archived the forum about a year ago) and if you are able to search there - I would do that.

The main points that I recall:

1) Best suited for Fanuc output

2) From Variable Browser:

mom_kin_is_turbo_output value of TRUE or FALSE

Defines whether the post will use the special turbo block templates and ignore all custom commands for Linear, Circular and Rapid moves.  A special custom command needs to be imported from POSTBUILD/pblib/custom_command/ directory.  Turbo mode will optimize post-process performance by a factor of 5.

Note: I think you could tailor the motion output a little with special block templates. However - I don't think they ship this file any more. It was called "PB_CMD_init_turbo.tcl"

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Thank you Study Legend

I am finding forum about turbo mode . But I can not find forum about turbo mode .please advide me to search .

Thank you

The link is one up from here - called "GTAC Customer Forums Archive". You won't see it unless signed in. Once you hit the link - your search will be through threads from last year to many years (maybe 15) back. There are a lot of discussions in those threads that may never come up again.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

To search the old bbs archives for "turbo" : http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocatio...

To create a post using turbo, in Post Builder, set the controller to User's, and browse to mach\resource\postprocessor\mill_3axis_turbo.pui.

You will now see the custom command init_turbo_output in Start of Program. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

[ Edited ]

Also - take a look at the bottom of this thread (now that Mark found the turbo example) - it shows the special blocks that turbo mode uses (thanks to those guys figuring it out.) I still wonder if there are any kinematic possibilities other than 3 axis (probably not.)

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-CAM/Post-Turbo-Mode/m-p/190334/highlight/true#M98...

This one also sheds some light:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-CMM-Inspection/Turbo-Mode-How-to-force-output-of-...

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Turbo mode is fairly sensitive to its limitations.  If you deviate from the intent, the post will still run but not at turbo speed.  For example, I modified circular radius output to R instead of IJK and the post ran at normal speed.  I managed to get away with a little bit of customization but not that one.  You have to play around a bit to find out.

George

George Bennett
All NX versions
W7 Ultimate
Dell Precision M6700
Spirit of Innovation

Learn online

Solution Information