cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create postprocessor in turbo mode ?

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder
Deal all
I want to create postproceesor in turbo mode . How to get it?

Thank you very much
6 REPLIES

Re: How to create postprocessor in turbo mode ?

Phenom
Phenom

Turbo mode from a post builder post is probably not practical - and would require advanced postbuilding experience to set up. On the other hand a tcl post (editing tcl directly) would probably be more straight forward (to implement turbo mode.) There was some discussion in the "old forum" (they archived the forum about a year ago) and if you are able to search there - I would do that.

The main points that I recall:

1) Best suited for Fanuc output

2) From Variable Browser:

mom_kin_is_turbo_output value of TRUE or FALSE

Defines whether the post will use the special turbo block templates and ignore all custom commands for Linear, Circular and Rapid moves.  A special custom command needs to be imported from POSTBUILD/pblib/custom_command/ directory.  Turbo mode will optimize post-process performance by a factor of 5.

Note: I think you could tailor the motion output a little with special block templates. However - I don't think they ship this file any more. It was called "PB_CMD_init_turbo.tcl"

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder
Thank you Study Legend

I am finding forum about turbo mode . But I can not find forum about turbo mode .please advide me to search .

Thank you

Phenom
Phenom

The link is one up from here - called "GTAC Customer Forums Archive". You won't see it unless signed in. Once you hit the link - your search will be through threads from last year to many years (maybe 15) back. There are a lot of discussions in those threads that may never come up again.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

To search the old bbs archives for "turbo" : http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocatio...

To create a post using turbo, in Post Builder, set the controller to User's, and browse to mach\resource\postprocessor\mill_3axis_turbo.pui.

You will now see the custom command init_turbo_output in Start of Program. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Phenom
Phenom

Also - take a look at the bottom of this thread (now that Mark found the turbo example) - it shows the special blocks that turbo mode uses (thanks to those guys figuring it out.) I still wonder if there are any kinematic possibilities other than 3 axis (probably not.)

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-CAM/Post-Turbo-Mode/m-p/190334/highlight/true#M98...

This one also sheds some light:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/NX-CMM-Inspection/Turbo-Mode-How-to-force-output-of-...

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Turbo mode is fairly sensitive to its limitations.  If you deviate from the intent, the post will still run but not at turbo speed.  For example, I modified circular radius output to R instead of IJK and the post ran at normal speed.  I managed to get away with a little bit of customization but not that one.  You have to play around a bit to find out.

George

George Bennett
All NX versions
W7 Ultimate
Dell Precision M6700
Spirit of Innovation

Learn online

Solution Information