Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to customize my drop down menu?

Hi experts,

Currently, I am trying to customize my dialog box for some operations. However, every time when I need to click on "customize", I have to go all the way to Tool--- Operation Navigator ---- Object---- Customize.

The reason for this is that if I right click on an operation, under the drop down menu of "Object", I don't see "customize", as it is shown in the following figure.

Is there a way to customize this? So that "customize" will shown up in the drop down menu like the following?

I am running NX 8.5.3. 

Thanks in advance.

Stephan

5 REPLIES

Re: How to customize my drop down menu?

You can't edit the context menu, it is based on the capabilities of the selected object(s).

You can customize the object template in the template part, which will result in all future objects created from that template to have the customization applied.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Thank you for your reply.

In fact, I can access the "customize", "customize from" and "template setting" in another way, as it is shown below.

These commands just don't show up in my context menu, resulting from my right click on an operation.

So I doubt that the context menu of an operation, regarding to this matter, is based on the capabilities of the selected object. 

[ Edited ]

The context menu in the Operation navigator is not customizable.

When selecting a CAM object, Object->Customize and Object->Customize from should be in the menu as you expect.

I notice Template Settings is also not there, so I suspect the system is blocking customization, as we do in some products.

Are you by chance running CAM Express? or CAM Single Machine Edition? or using a SHOPS license bundle? 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Note in operations (near the bottom, inside "Options") is a "Customize dialog " button

I don't see it in tools (at least in NX7.5) so not all objects may have this ability.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Nearly all NX CAM object dialogs can be customized through the context menu entry.

Only some dialogs contain the customize option inside of the dialog itself.

If the object can be customized through the regular menu but not the context menu, I would report this as a bug to GTAC.

Only development can change context menus and I would not want to change the context menu, since I don't really know what is supported and what not.

Usually if you remove a menu entry from the regular menu the corresponding entry in the context menu is removed too.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information