Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to increase the quality of NX translations

I am so happy that I don't have to use the German translation of NX, since I would never know what the options really mean.

Due to reporting bugs and other things, I am using the English UI language, but my users are using the German UI language.

When I have to help a user, it is really hurting my brain, since I know the English UI blindly and I cannot make heads or tails of the German translation in many cases.

The problem is that there are many things not translated by meaning, but by word or even plain wrong.

An example of a plain wrong translation is the translation for "Automatic", which is translated as "Punktkontakt", but should be correctly translated as "Automatisch", which even looks similar by the letters.

Now that we have MR 3 and MP 7 out, this translation is still not corrected, even so it has been reported many times.

The person that approved this translation must have been unconscious or insane, since no one that is mentally healthy would translate it that way.

Is there anything that can be done to speed up the process of correcting bad translations?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
2 REPLIES

Re: How to increase the quality of NX translations

@Stefan_Pendl, if you send me the PR numbers, I will see what the status is. If you report these through TAC, be sure the category is "I18N" for a wrong translation. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Re: How to increase the quality of NX translations

Hi Mark,

PR#7662737 is fixed in NX 11.0.0.29, but it seems that they only fixed it for the cavity milling dialog, but it is wrong in each and every dialog that uses the word Automatic.

I haven't got time yet to go through the entire dialogs to check for wrong or misleading translations, since I have currently enough to do to report other problems that are more important.

Thanks for taking a look Smiley Happy

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information