cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to jump in to a program after power outage - siemens controller

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi. Can any one help a new user of siemans controllers to jump into a program. My CNC macine ran over the weekend but stopped halfway through a program due to an air pressure drop. I would like to restart the program where it left off and believe this is possible.

Does any one know how to do this please?

4 REPLIES

Re: How to jump in to a program after power outage - siemens controller

Legend
Legend
I would just repost the program where it ended. Starting in the middle does some weird **bleep** in the reposition moves.
NX11.0.1

Experimenter
Experimenter

How do i do that then? I had very minimal training form an italian in broken english. I can put out a new program that misses the processes already machined (Roughing etc) to that point but I should be able to start the program at the exact point it stopped. Any thoughts on that?

Phenom
Phenom

I would search in a different siemens forum for the "Block search" possibilities. Below is the first thread I saw that is the right forum.

https://support.industry.siemens.com/tf/ww/en/posts/output-auxiliary-functions-during-block-search/3...

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Experimenter
Experimenter

I can give you an idea how to do this. I had a similar problem and my solution was to write out the Level (depth of cut) to an 'R' parameter. Note - this is for a Siemens 840D control. My program has...say...150 depths. At the start of each depth I added code to my program to write out R500=1 (for depth 1) and R500=2...etc (you get the idea). So then when the power comes back on you can look at R500 to determine where to start again.

We also created a small C++ program (code behind a new 'RESTART' soft key on control) that reads the R500 parameter to determine where to start (last depth before power outage). This C++ program reads in .spf file and strips out everything above the last R500 value. It will calculate a clearance move (1st position move) by using the I,J,K vector of 1st line of RESTART program and 'ray-plane' formula. I determined a safe 'Z' clearance and use that for 'ray-plane' formula. Basically it takes the I,J,K vector and spits out the intersection point of vector and clearance plane. This will be your first move (clearance move). The C++ program adds this line first before writing out the rest of the new program. 

I hope this helps.

Tony Centa

GE Aircraft Engines

Wilmington, NC

Learn online

Solution Information