Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program different feeds for a straight line?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

This is my first post. I am quite excited about learning and sharing experiences here. My company is moving CAM systems to NX and we all are new on this.

My question now is about setting different feed rates for a same linear segment. Our pieces have turned diameters that specify different roughness along a whole line (same diameter). Is that possible to be programmed on the same operation?

Thanks!

Eze

8 REPLIES

Re: How to program different feeds for a straight line?

Master
Master

Not sure where you need to change feeds but you can control it partially by engage retract etc. in the feeds section of the operation by setting them differently and using the appropriate moves.

Shags72 Mfg. Eng.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
NX 8.5.2.3 MP3 Teamcenter 8
Dell M6700 i7-3740QM 8GB RAM,
NVIDIA Quadro k3000M

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks for your answer. I tried the different options but what I need is to decrease the feed in the red box shown in the attachment.

Master
Master

I don't see the attachment. Did you try positive and negative lengths in the engage and retract to see if you can move them into position for the feed rate change? Otherwise I think that separate operations may be the way to go thought it stinks to do that.

Shags72 Mfg. Eng.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
NVIDIA Quadro k3000M

Experimenter
Experimenter

Here is the attachment, its complicated how to change engage or retracts as those movements are in other part of the piece.

Pioneer
Pioneer

It is possible in planar milling operations (and also turning operations) to control the feed-rates of segments of boundary geometry. Look here >> Edit Boundary>>Edit >> Custom Boundary Data>>Cut Feed Rate checkbox.  You can cycle thru the segments of the chain (boundary), or quick select the segment you need to edit via MB1.

Cheers

Master
Master

I will look at that next time I do a lathe program.

Shags72 Mfg. Eng.
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
NVIDIA Quadro k3000M

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you! I will divide the segment on the sketch and then program a custom feed rate as you say.

Phenom
Phenom

With turning boundaries derived by spun outline - these can disappear with geometry updates (customization is in the segments.) With a sketch they should be safe I would think.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Learn online

Solution Information