Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to protect post processor

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Dear All

I am a licensed partner of Siemens PLM. I provided some post processor for our cusotmer.

how can I protect the post for only the customer with the Sold install and the customer can't edit or copy to other solt to install

I know that we have post Configurator can protect by Sold to install and date, but I already have the post and not using post configurator, I only use post builder and already have (.pui, .tcl, .def file) so how can I protect 

thanks!

Vietbay CO., LTD VN
6 REPLIES

Re: How to protect post processor

Legend
Legend

Hi,

1) Option in post builder to encrypt it.

2) Post Builder creates 3 files when you create a post for any machine. a) xx.pui, b) xx.tcl and c)xx.def. Provide only tcl and def file to customer. Do not share pui file. Create SoldTo/Install output in post processed file.

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer
Thanks Mak

Can you tell more detail, how to Create SoldTo/Install output in post processed file.

thanks!
Vietbay CO., LTD VN

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi,

if you use the Post Configurator, then you can encrypt your postprocessors,

add a time bomb and limit them to Sold To ID`s.

There are three licenses for the Post Configurator:

Basic:                           - Free and included in all NX CAM licenses

Advanced: NX31439 - Get all owners of a Post Builder license for free!

Full:            NX31440 - must be bought and only then can be used also the encryption, time bomb and

Sold To ID functions.

Please also note the new Post Hub platform. This is a cloud in which one can offer and test postprocessors. In the future maybe whole machine kits, with simulation. Is currently in the testing phase and a great idea to make postprocessors available worldwide and makes it easier for the end user to find postprocessors and their providers!

Phenom
Phenom
There is only one way to encrypt an entire PB post (I have heard of.) You have to be a post building partner (according to old threads.) I saw it on a partner's machine - was as easy as an extra dialog every time you save the post. It made files that were txt extension as I recall. One thread said: "I have the license control with postbuilder, so I can encrypt the postprocessors. I can encrypt based on the following licenses: CAM_EX_KIT_POST 1XX CAM_KIT_POST_1XX ................ " But continued to ask how the end user could run the post (if they needed a special license.) There have also been some old threads about encrypting some logic by dll or a sourced file making a "tbc". These methods probably won't lend themselves to a lock of the entire post (though.) It sounds like PC with the top license is good for that. The couple of large companies I have worked for decided to steer clear of completely locked code that could never be touched. Janus made a locked post for them and they decided they wanted no more (because of it.) Of course - not everything is open source and it is nice to have options. Sometimes only small critical parts of the code need protection. That was the approach I took. Most everything was open except a few features/aspects. They could be easily discarded (as well.) It seems that even Siemens with their approach to PC have decided that some code is not meant for the eyes of all. I have been contracted to make posts before where there was an internal postbuilder that just wanted to be shown an example of doing something (I presume from then on they did it.) I am glad that so many on this forum shared so much. Maybe someone will share how not to share (haha.)
NX12.02
Windows 10 Pro

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi Study,

yes yes the postprocessor world is crazy already. When I develop a postprocessor specifically for a customer, I not only process the know-how of the customer in the NC code, but also implement corresponding solutions and NX interfaces with my programming know-how. Both should be protected! The PB I know too little, since I am currently only concerned with the PC. Of course, there is always the requirement of customers to disclose the source code. But in what form or documentation, there is scope. Therefore in the PC the different functions to encrypt, time bomb or Sold To ID. If the customer wants to have everything open, well then he can, but the post office remains protected by Sold To ID and Time Bomb. For the protection of my source code, the customer must commit to me. There are then nice dicussions with the customer IT ;-). My opinion is that as a postprocessor developer I do not deliver an unencrypted postprocessor. After all, yes, I also get proper trouble if it has postprocessor errors or does not work as ordered. If the customer does not accept that, okay. Gives enough to other customers. Incidentally, I can not get the source code of Windows as a customer either. Maybe there will eventually be free post processors for NX. But they are just as good as the competitors in the market ;-)

NX 12.0.1

Windows 10 Enterprise      

Legend
Legend

At start of program, create a block with below statement

MOM_output_literal "SoldTo_Install ID xxxx". Mention actual id of customer instead of xxxx. So each time user post process the tool path in NX, first line would be their SoldTo ID

Check the syntax of the above as I don't remember.

Learn online

Solution Information