cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock teach mode,.XML files on MKE library?

Genius
Genius

Actually I can't save any feature with teach feature icon on CAM.

On the other hand, MK Editor's .XML files like machining_knowledge.xml can't be saved,

system tells that is on read mode.

How could I change from read mode to admin mode? for customising my features and machining toolpaths on own database.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES

Re: How to unlock teach mode,.XML files on MKE library?

Do you have write access to the installed files?
Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Feature Teaching and Process Teaching are quick, interact...

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Feature Teaching and Process Teaching are quick, interactive ways to modify or update the Machining Knowlege Editor (MKE). You can also create and modify feature and process definitions by working in the MKE directly.  In either case, you require a license to write to the MKE.  This license (fbm_author) is provided as part of the Total Machining package or alternatively available as the Feature Based Machining Author Add-on.  

Derek Hart
... if we're not having fun, we're not doing it right!

Genius
Genius
Hi Mark, I can program the parts normally, but if I want to use teach features icon it tells that is on read mode (translation to English). I have seen this video "http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Tech-Tips-Knowledge-Base-NX/Feature-Based-Machining-H... on minute 1:53, tells that "teach features" is Admin-Job. So how can be created on the system, an Admin for "Teach Features"?

Similar happens with MKE and .XML files, it tells that "THE MACHINING KNOWLEDGE SOURCE IS LOCKED, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE IT" so I can open the .XML file on MKE, but I can't save it. On the MKE pdf help, is not so clear where must be changed the ADMIN variable for Admin access on the Machining Knowledge Editor. Hope this helps.

Thanks for you time.

You need to determine if it is a file access issue or a license issue.

If it is a file access issue, work with whoever installed your software for be sure that you have write access to the folder ...\MACH\resource\machining_knowledge.

If it is a licensing issue, Derek has provided the information you need.
Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Another possibility is that you are trying to teach a feature while the Machining Knowledge Editor is open. Only one application at a time can be editing the rules. If this is the case, close the MKE before you teach the features.
Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Genius
Genius
Hi all, I have revised my variables and I missed a pointing variable to my MACH folder.
Actually works perfect.
Thanks for your help Mark and Derek.

Learn online

Solution Information