cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use CYCLE800 with OOTB Simulation Examples?

Creator
Creator

Hello everyone.

I am trying to adapt a sim03 example to work with my horizontal 4-ax DMC 75 with a SIN840D controller. I copied cycles subprograms from a real machine to the subprog folder, and defined TC_CARR.DEF with parameters from my DMC. I used CCF and MCF file from a standard OOTB sim03 example. Simulation starts normally, but on the CYCLE800 block it stops with error: Unspecified error when executing method 'calculateIKSAngles'.

Block of cycle800:
N220 CYCLE800(1,"TC6",0,54,0,0,0,-60.,0.,0.,0.,0.,0.,-1)

Content of CSE log:

00:00:00.00 CYCLE800
The variable 'NAMETOINT' hasn't been declared yet.
Parse error after reading 'IF(($N'.
00:00:00.00 CUST_800
Parse error after reading ' N800220 G0 G90 AX[AXNAME($TC_CARR35[_TC1])]=A1'.
The variable '$PC_TRAFO_ROT_CHAN_AX_IN' hasn't been declared yet.
Parse error after reading ' N800220 G0 G90 AX[AXNAME($TC_CARR35[_TC1])]=A1'.
The variable 'NAMETOINT' hasn't been declared yet.
The variable '$P_CUTMODK' hasn't been declared yet.
The variable 'CUTMODK' hasn't been declared yet.
00:00:00.00 Unspecified error when executing method 'calculateIKSAngles'.
00:00:00.00 Command error! An assign command for the variable 'LV_structAngles' couldn't be executed.

What is $P_CUTMODK variable? Does anyone help me configure cse machine to work with CYCLE800? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Regards, undrakot.

18 REPLIES

Re: How to use CYCLE800 with OOTB Simulation Examples?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi undrakrot,

I recommend to take the CYC-Files from the OOTB sample machines. This file includes the Cycle800- files which are supported. The created TCARR.DEF file can still be used.

Your CSE-log shows a new Cycle800 mode which is currently not supported. The good news are, that we are working on it.

regards

ThomasF

Machine Tool Enablement
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Creator
Creator

Hello Thomas.

Thanks for answer. In my opinion this error occurs when kinematic chain "default" does not exist. NX 9.0 Machine Tool Builder has command "Set Kinematic Chains". With this, I created a kinematic chain called "TC6" and changed value of variable "GV_strSwivelingChainName" to "TC6" in MCF file and CYCLE800 started working.

But how to create kinematic chain in the NX versions less than 9 which not have command "Set Kinematic Chains" in Machine Tool Builder?

Regards, undrakot.

Hi undrakrot,

here is a lot confused...

1.) Which version do you work?

2.) don´t mess the kinematic chain name with the toolcarrier name. The "default" chain exists per default within the KIM. For single chain machines its not mandatory to create a user defined chain, because of the system created one per default

3.) some Sinumerik-Commands (e.g. TCARR, PAROT) using the internal inverse kinematic solver based on the kinematic chain name "default" AND additional kinematic information from the toolcarrier data ("TC6")

4.) with NX803 (and higher) it is possible to use user defined kinematic chains in a different way --> CSE Simulation Forum

regards

ThomasF

Machine Tool Enablement

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thomas,

How do we gain access to the CSE forum?

Thanks,

Owen

Owen Fredericks
Manufacturing Engineer

Hi Owen,

SPLM and Partners. You question shows, that you have no access to this page. Here is the answer "how to define kinematic chains less than NX9"

My Colleague (SpaceTom) posted this manual

Using different kinematic chains for CSE simulaiton e.g. TRAORI on Main (C1) and subspindle (C2)

Trying to use a different name for a kinematic chain and use this in the CSE kernel command ​SetKinematicTransformation gives an error:

Command "SetKinematicTransformaiton" called with invalid argument.

How can I define and use different kinematic chains?

What you would like to achieve is working with multiple kinematics chains. Here the system has limitations.

·        With NX802 or earlier it is almost not possible
Only one single chain with the name “default” could be used and the related five axis are defined in the kinematics model by the NX Axis flag
·         With NX803 and NX85 a interims solution is provided which has some limitations as well (details see below)
·         With NX9 we are planning a project for complete chain support.

Here the details of the interim solution:
·         NX803 or NX85 is needed
·         To define other chains as the ‘default’ one the latest version of Machine Configurator 1.0.0.522 is needed.

chain_newest_MC_version.jpg
·         An additional tab to define kinematic chains is available. Each kinematic chain is defined by its name and two strings which refer a name of a junction in the kinematics model in NX CAM.
·         Rule for the junction definition:
* The axis vectors of the part carrier junction define the orientation of CSE’s machine coordinate system (Machine tool Zero junction). In 99% of all cases these will be parallel to the linear axes contained in the chain. Exceptions are machines with non-orthogonal kinematic axes.
* The origin of the part carrier junction is not important.
* The origin of the tool carrier junction specifies the origin of CSE’s machine coordinate system. This is where the tool tip will be when all axes are zero (once a tool has been selected).
* The Z axis of the tool carrier junction specifies the tool orientation in CSE’s machine coordinate system. This convention is critical for TRAORI, G43.x, etc. to work. CSE relies on it to calculate the correct rotary axis angles from the given tool normal in NC code.
·         The system will check all axis in between the two given junctions and collect up to five axis which have the NC axis flag set.
·         With that interim solution it is possible to customize e.g. TRAORI on a machine with two spindles and one time C1 axis is used for TRAORI(1) and C2 axis is used for TRAORI(2).
·         This interim solution still have the limitation that a chain including co-linear axis like W and Z and both could be used for interpolation is not possible.

Have fun and greetz

ThomasF

Machine Tool Enablement

Creator
Creator

Hi Thomas,

Ref: Sim07 OOTB

Will the OOTB CSE be enhanced to work with CYCLE800 _FR=4? As of NX9.0.0 this worked only for _FR=1.

If Cycle800 was posted with _FR=4, we were getting "Unknown metacode 'TOROT' used" error.

Thanks,

Vasanth

Creator
Creator

Good afternoon, Thomas.

I followed your advice and try to create different kinematic chains using "Kinematic Chains" tab in Machine Configurator.

For main spindle I created chain named "MAIN". I tried to define different names for Part Carrier & Tool Carrier like "B" & "C" (Axes Names), "MAIN_SPINDLE" (component of C Axis) & "S" (component of spindle), "MAIN_SPINDLE" & "B_ROTARY", etc.

When I use command SetKinematicTransformation("MAIN", TRUE) I get error "Command 'SetKinematicTransformation' called with invalid argument".

Using NX 8.5. Thomas, please explain me how to define the kinematic chains in this case.

Regards,

undrakot.

Hi,

at first start with one chain to understand the mechanism. Try to configure the sim09 with a single chain. Look at the attached screenshot. After that configure your machine and I´m confident that it works ;-)

greets

Thomas

Machine Tool Enablement

geaetata wrote:

Hi Thomas,

Ref: Sim07 OOTB

Will the OOTB CSE be enhanced to work with CYCLE800 _FR=4? As of NX9.0.0 this worked only for _FR=1.

If Cycle800 was posted with _FR=4, we were getting "Unknown metacode 'TOROT' used" error.

Thanks,

Vasanth

Hi Vasanth,

sorry for my late response. You have to add "TOROT" to SinumerikCommands

Torot.png

Machine Tool Enablement

Learn online

Solution Information