Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use "User Defined Move Type"?

Howdie, 

I was exploring the customization for Generic Motion Operation and came across a customizable item in the list called "User Defined Move Type".

1.PNG 3.PNG4.PNG

Has anyone had any experience using this "User defined move type"? In the document, there's only one line of description on it:

5.PNG

It seems that PostBuilder won't be able to read this User Defined Move Type subop anyway. Also Generate Tool Path button has no effect on the user defined move type.

So I wonder after adding this move type to the suboperation list, how to use it?

Thanks

Stephan

4 REPLIES

Re: How to use "User Defined Move Type"?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Guessing (based on user-defined operation type)... you need to write API code to implement this.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

User defined move is a customized move where you can create his own move with your own parameters. These  parameters are assigned names and labels. The names are used for creating mom variables and the labels for the UI presentation.

It is a similar concept to a UDE, except that you do not need a pre-defined file to define them - everything is contained in the dialog customization of the operation. Once defined in the customized dialog, the move can be added to the Generic Motion move list.

Mom variables are output for the parameters in your move. I think it's mom_<name>_<type>, but check the review tool for sure. You can then set up your post to use the mom variables and the values as needed.

There is no API program required for outputting these.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

There is documentation on how to define these moves, but it is under probing, which makes use of these. Search for "Customize the available sub-operations for a mill part probing operation".

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Thank you Mark

Learn online

Solution Information