Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I can`t edit my postprocessor. Missing files errors, WHY?

Hello.

so, my problem is , i have a postprocessor for fanuc and haas machines. but i want to make some changes to add g28 z0  because haas dont recognize g30 as back to home position.

when i what to open mi .pui, nx post builder send me a error " missin files", i dont understant why , i have my .pui , .def. and .tcl.

the postprocessor  is atached in this post.

THANK SO, SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.Heart

11 REPLIES

Re: I can`t edit my postprocessor. Missing files errors, WHY?

Try to overwrite a file

it doesnt work, send me another error, please see the image file atached.

[ Edited ]

Hello!

Very interesting would be the Postprocessor-DAT-File. It's on the same folder-level where the postprocessor-folder is.In this file some files are listed, the PP want's to open. Because not a single term in your error-message can be found in the PP-files which you have uploaded. Also the file $UGII_CAM_USER_DEF_EVENT_DIR/ude.cdl would be interesting.

Werner

Hello,

There are issues with the Fanuc metric posts shipped with NX, I think the 3axis and 4axis will give errors when trying to open them. I have just ried to open the SIM02 Fanuc post and got the same error as your picture.  I know NX10 had some issues opening posts up with similar errors it might be worth checking with GTAC as they may have seen this already?

Also have you loaded a patch or update and have you opened those posts up in NX9 ok before?

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Hello!

Indead there is an error. I have Postbuilder für NX10.0.3 and this Postfiles:

If I want to open this PUIs I get the following error:

With the PP-files with date 04.11.2015 everything ist OK !!!

Werner

i just have that post from months ago, i never tried to open it, its the first time i want to modify it.

i cant indertanr i have another post whit just defs tlcs and puis and they works great.

so, somebody can send me a postprocessor for haas 3 ax and fanuc , thaNKS.

Hello,

Yes I believe it was fixed in 10.0.3, well that is what the email said I have not checked as yet as we are on 10.0.2 at the moment.

Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

i dont have nx 10, im in nx 9 , so, the post can be modified or not,.

i really dont want to make a post for fanuc again, because iss time consuming, any hope to make this functional?

hamham wrote:

when i what to open mi .pui, nx post builder send me a error " missin files", i dont understant why , i have my .pui , .def. and .tcl.

the postprocessor  is atached in this post.

THANK SO, SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.Heart

In your attached post, the tcl and def files referenced in the pui file are not the ones you have included:

## POST EVENT HANDLER START
def_file  sim02_mill_3ax_fanuc_mm.def
tcl_file  sim02_mill_3ax_fanuc_mm.tcl
## POST EVENT HANDLER END

My guess is that somebody renamed all 3 files, which will not work. To rename a post, you must open it in Post Builder and Save As.

You can open the post if you manually edit the .pui file as shown below, but no guarantees, as I don't know what other references were in the original post.

## POST EVENT HANDLER START
def_file  3ax_fanuc-02.def
tcl_file  3ax_fanuc-02.tcl
## POST EVENT HANDLER END
Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information