Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

I heard that NX9 (manufacturing) is now going to support 5-axis laser machining.

I have seen some pdf documents referring to NX9 having 5-axis laser machining capabilities.

I've searched the web as well as the forums and cannot find substantial evidence that this is true ? Can anyone comment on this ? For me this is what I have been waiting for. I use NX now and modify the machining operations to give the desired results , it works but I know it could be better for my non-conventional machining methods.

13 REPLIES

Moved to Manufacturing Forum from Community Q&A.

Moved to Manufacturing Forum from Community Q&A.

- - - -
Jerry Sarfati
Siemens PLM Software
Solution
Solution
Accepted by SusanCinadr (Community Admin)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

The new 5 axis laser machining module is not officially r...

The new 5 axis laser machining module is not officially released, but it is available in NX 9 for preview. This allows you to try it on your parts and provide feedback before the final release.

If you are interested in participating in this, please email me at mark.rief@siemens.com and I will get you in tough with the approprate product manager.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Re: The new 5 axis laser machining module is not officially r...

Hi Mark,

Its been some time since I've seen any activity on the 5-axis laser machining. Has NX

lost interest in this ?

Best Regards,

Dennis

Yes, what is the status of the 5 axis laser machining module?

How can we preview the laser machining module in NX9? Is it available for download off of GTAC?

No you have to modify your env.dat file adding the following line:

UGII_CAM_LASER_PREVIEW=1

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the reply. I added the line to my env.dat file but did not see the Laser CAM machining setup. I am using NX 9.0.3 MP02 (Oct 30 2014)

Do I need to upgrade to the latest MP and/or be a part of the CAM Early Release program?

You don't have to be a part of the beta group.  It's located in the laser "create operation" box. See attached pic.

I am checking if the laser preview is still active.

If so, I will send the package to those that request it.

Keep in mind that setting the variable is NOT something I would recommend, unless you have read the instructions that are provided to preview participants.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information