Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: The new 5 axis laser machining module is not officially r...

The Laser cutting module is still available for preview in NX 9 and 10.

If you are interested, let me know and I will send you the information and instructions.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

Mark,

We've played some with the laser cutting module, the sub operation for the profile move to cut an external, internal or open trim doesn't seem to be working.  We are able to preview the sub profile cutouts (circle, rectangle, etc).  I also tried the contour text and couldn't select any text.

Is this actively being considered for further development?

The laser module was available for preview testing in NX 9 and NX 10, but we have not scheduled further work on the project. We are still gathering input from customers, so I will forward your comments to @Eddy_Finaro, the Product Manager.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

I was very interested in this module and worked with Siemens on some testing. The module then seem to fall off the radar with Siemens and my correspondences disappeared ? Probably due to lack of interested. I currently use NX and modify the OOB posts and machine tool builder to get the code that I need to run my 5 and 6 axis laser machining centers and machine simulation. If anything, I learned alot about TCL code and manipulating NX to get my desired results. With that said I would certainly entertain working on this again if Siemens would dedicate some resources to finishing it. 

Pioneer
Pioneer

Almost two years Radio silence ?

Experimenter
Experimenter
Any news about laser module?
I can´t see in NX 12

Pioneer
Pioneer

Its obvious to me that the NX team is not interested in pursueing this. I have reached out many times with little to no positive feedback. I'm just using the 5-axis conventional machining operations with CSE and my custom posts and I get what I need from the software.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Regrettable service of Siemens NX.

It is better to shut up and not advertise the Laser module,since apparently there is nothing.

Learn online

Solution Information