Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I need a help on tool path editor!!!!

I haven't looked in to it, but I think this is by design, and was probably fixed a couple years ago. Start Event and End Event are selection blocks. When you move the focus (orange stripe) there, the graphics screen highlights what is selected. This allows you to identify the start and end motions in the graphics window. If this is not what you want, you can request and ER, but I think this is what is happening.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

I'm sorry, I changed three computers, problems still exist.
There is a problem is very special, when I use the same computer NX9.0.1 path when editing the scope of the choice can be highlighted, but when I get it upgraded to NX9.0.2 choice scope is not highlighted.So NX9.0.1 this function can be normal use.
Now to be sure in different computer NX9.0.2 NX10.03 NX11.0.1 there is the problem.I want to know the cause of the problem, hope to get your help, thank you!

@MarkRief wrote:

I haven't looked in to it, but I think this is by design, and was probably fixed a couple years ago. Start Event and End Event are selection blocks. When you move the focus (orange stripe) there, the graphics screen highlights what is selected. This allows you to identify the start and end motions in the graphics window. If this is not what you want, you can request and ER, but I think this is what is happening.

Legend
Legend

From NX 11.0.1.11 MP1, 28Feb17.

Open an IR for it.

On a somewhat related note, I have had issues just being able to select the toolpath in verify on NX11. They were not able to duplicate because it happens randomly, and a restart of NX temporarily solves it. Very disruptive to workflow. 

range.pngrangesingle.pngsingle

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP5 Primarily CAM

The NX 11 verify selection is a separate issue, and has been resolved in NX 11.0.2.

Please start a new topic if you want to change the subject.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

@heroic wrote:

I'm sorry, I changed three computers, problems still exist.
There is a problem is very special, when I use the same computer NX9.0.1 path when editing the scope of the choice can be highlighted, but when I get it upgraded to NX9.0.2 choice scope is not highlighted.So NX9.0.1 this function can be normal use.
Now to be sure in different computer NX9.0.2 NX10.03 NX11.0.1 there is the problem.I want to know the cause of the problem, hope to get your help, thank you!

@MarkRief wrote:

When Graphics Selection is set to Range, the highlight in the graphics is tied to the start and end segment focus in the dialog. This is by design.

If you set the selection to Single, you should see the behavior you want. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Legend
Legend
I suppose the reasoning being this is that by having only two lines highlighted, you can then see the range more clearly.
Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP5 Primarily CAM

@TechniCsNC wrote:
I suppose the reasoning being this is that by having only two lines highlighted, you can then see the range more clearly.

If you are using range, you should only see one move highlighted - either start or end.

The graphics highlighting in the selection color (orange) should match the selection block that has focus (the orange stripe) in the dialog. So for Range it is either the Start Event or End Event. For Single select, it is all the selected segments.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information