Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMACHINING FOR NX CAM 11

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

I hear that Imachining add-on in NX CAM 11. How i can istall it with nx?

4 REPLIES

Re: IMACHINING FOR NX CAM 11

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I would imagine you would have to buy it from solidcam and they would tell you how to install and set it up. I would wait for the next Maintance Release of NX11. They will be adding their own version of Adaptive HSM machining sometime around the end of January I believe. It should have all the goodies you'd expect from and Adaptive operation: Bottom Up roughing, constant stepover and tool engagement, etc. I would save the money, be a little patient till they release it and then if you're not happy, invest into Imachining.
Just my 2 cents.
Have a good day.

iMachining is third party product from partner SolidCAM. Please contact them directly.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Ally PLM is a licensed value added reseller for iMachining for NX.  Please contact us for more information and a demonstration www.allyplm.com or 513.984.0480.  iMachining for NX is much different than adaptive milling and has major advantages for optimizing your roughing capabilities.

Imperial wrote:
I would imagine you would have to buy it from solidcam and they would tell you how to install and set it up. I would wait for the next Maintance Release of NX11. They will be adding their own version of Adaptive HSM machining sometime around the end of January I believe. It should have all the goodies you'd expect from and Adaptive operation: Bottom Up roughing, constant stepover and tool engagement, etc. I would save the money, be a little patient till they release it and then if you're not happy, invest into Imachining.
Just my 2 cents.
Have a good day.

Just to clarify, NX 11.0.1 will have our initial release of adaptive. It is a great step, but I am sure it will not have all the goodies you may expect in the first release. Remember, we release as we go, as soon as we think functionality is safe and has value to you. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information