cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPW Facet Body export/import

PLM World Member Pioneer PLM World Member Pioneer
PLM World Member Pioneer

I was hoping to find a way to use the IPW facet body from one part in manufacturing on a similar but different part in another file. Is there any way to do this? I've been unsuccessful so far. I'm using NX 10.0.2.6

Thanks

Joseph Reagan

Honeywell Aerospace, Albuquerque

5 REPLIES

Re: IPW Facet Body export/import

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

have you tried to:

1 - save this IPW to file
2 - import this to another file
3 - use in new file as blank geometry?

ipw.png

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Production: NX 11.0.2
Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

PLM World Member Pioneer

Thank you!

I think that will do it!

If you don't require a facet body, you can also select the IPW from one part as the blank for another part. In the second part Workpiece, Blank, IPW, and select the source in the first part.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

PLM World Member Pioneer

I think that is what I tried first. Unless I am selecting the wrong source, I selected the source part, than the workpiece, but because the parts are simular but not the same, I get error "The part containing the source for the IPW must referance the same component for the part geometry as the work part" when I try to update the local IPW.

Thanks

Joseph

jkreagan wrote:

I think that is what I tried first. Unless I am selecting the wrong source, I selected the source part, than the workpiece, but because the parts are simular but not the same, I get error "The part containing the source for the IPW must referance the same component for the part geometry as the work part" when I try to update the local IPW.

Thanks

Joseph

Yes - it is designed for multiple setups cutting the same part geometry component. If this is a different part, then you need to save off the IPW as a facet body and reference it directly.

If you do this a lot, take a look at the preferences to save the IPW in a separate part file. It may save you a step.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information