Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

IPW Showing up in Assemblies.

Hi,

I'm currently working on two parts. I have machined side one of each piece and my plan was to make a fixture plate for that I could bolt them to so I could run them both at the same time. The hole IPW from my first machining operatinos carries over into the assembly and makes working with these extremely annoying. Even worse, when I go to delete them I either run into a memory access violation error or another one I haven't been able to replicate. 

How do I get rid of this?

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES

Re: IPW Showing up in Assemblies.

Can you change from entire part to the model reference set?

You should also make sure, that the model reference set of the components only includes that actual part, nothing else.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Imperial
‎07-26-2016 12:49 PM

Hi Imperial,

without knowledge about the NX release you use...

How to fix this?

1. Just hide the two components temporarily.

2. Then set the selection filter to "Solid Body" and draw a rectangle around the IPW bodies.

3. Put those IPW bodies to hide.

4. Put the two components to show again.

This was an issue during ~NX9.0.3.x and maybe early NX10.

I hope this helps

Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3

I'm using nx 10 and I have all the updates installed.
The problem I'm having is even when I hide them, if I click the check mark on and off in the assembly navigator tab, it unhides them... Deleting them just causes errors.

If under the assembly load options I keep the Part Version to "As Saved" and change the scope to Structure Only, will that only load the part and keep the machining features out of it or is there at way to do this?
Thanks

I got the other error to pop up. When I try and delete the IPW, if my mouse passes over where it used to be it pops up. It reads "A tag was passed belonging to an object that could not be found"

Hi Imperial,

Please, see the post in the link below.

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Discussion-Forum-NX/Hole-making-solids/m-p/343222#U34...

I hope this help you to understand what's going on.

Jean Marcel
PLMPRO
www.plmpro.com.br

Learn online

Solution Information