Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPW for second setup

Creator
Creator

how to solve this error, while using IPW for second setup.

Untitled.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Re: IPW for second setup

Legend
Legend

Did you import the body again? This would make the body ID different and unique

Tool paths have to be attached to the same solid body or linked body derived from the same solid body.

In your second set-up, replace the part in your assembly with the same used in the first set-up.

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5, NX12.0.2, MP4}

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you modified the part at all between setups, or perhaps used a WAVE linked body as Part in one setup and not the other, then you can get this error.

You can solve this by setting the Positioning Type to CSYS for both setups. Go back to setup one and edit the Blank. Set Positioning Type at the bottom of the dialog to CSYS. Then edit the Blank for setup two and also set the Positioning Type to CSYS.

Creator
Creator

thank you so much , got it

Creator
Creator

how i should start, for example i have one part and going to mannufacture both side , first with master model i will mannufacture one side and save as , then with same model other side, with IPW of first side to avoid this kind of error.#

i have done the same , and its showing part reference error.

Siemens Phenom

Rather than using Save As, select File-->New and use the Manufacturing tab to create a new manufacturing assembly setup.

Creator
Creator

do you means first i should open master model to be mannufacture and then file_new_mannufacturing setup and after finish tool path generation save it. then master model will be as it is and mannufacturing setup file will be saved.

Siemens Phenom

The best practice is to leave the master model as is and select File-->New Manufacturing for each setup.

For example:

MyPart.prt

MyPart_setup_1.prt

MtPart_setup_2.prt

Each of the setup parts will be an assembly with the original part as a component.

Creator
Creator

You means open nx_  File_new_mannufacturing then i have to import part that i am going to mannufactrure yaa ?

and than after done with tool path generation save the file, so master model remain same 

Learn online

Solution Information