Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

IS&V CSE Head Change

Hello,

We have a gantry type profiler, where we use two different heads - one right angle head and a Non orthogonal head (Dual Rotary Type) .

I was wondering if there is any way to simulate the head change using a single CSE machine model, something similar to a tool change. 

Regards,

Jithesh

NX7.5.5

Windows 7 SP1

4 REPLIES

Re: IS&V CSE Head Change

Hello,

one the one hand head chnage like tool change are supported by CSE. You can check the OOTB sim16 example.

But what is not yet supported is the case of 5 axis simulteanously motion like TRAORI M128 G43.5.to when using changable heads including kinematics.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for the information.

I have been trying to understand the behaviour. We are still using NX7.5 only. I guess the sim16 example that you were refering to is only available with higher versions.

However, I hope positional 5 axis can be performed after head change. In case you have any info on this, please let us know.

Regards,

Jithesh

Hello Jithesh,

yes head change and positioning will work in NX7.5 too.

In that version there is no special support for heads in NX (use normal devices) and no extra support from CSE kernel head commands.

Mounting of objects (e.g. heads)  need to be done using the grasp command.

The offset calculation of the head geometry need to be done "by hand" and added into a transformation e.g. $TOOL including the tool length compensation.

To go more in detail here on the forum is not the right place to discuss that. Unfortunately I do not have any documents. It’s a bit self-training needed here and I know that other partners and service people have done it.

That all I can help

Thomas

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Hello Thomas,

Thank You for the detailed information.

Let me try as you suggested.

Regards

Jithesh

Learn online