Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Included Angle in Tapper-Tools

Where does the (IA) "Included Angle" in Tapper-tools come from in the NX10-Interface for Tapper-Tools?

I can't find it in any DEF-File. It's frustrating to upgrade NX. Smiley Frustrated

6 REPLIES

Re: Included Angle in Tapper-Tools

[ Edited ]

It is in the library, along with the tip diameter, and they are tied together.

See INCA and 88.88889 below for the tap I just exported:

#CLASS TAP
FORMAT LIBRF T ST UGT UGST DESCR MATREF MATDES TLNUM ADJREG CUTCOMREG HLD HLDDES DIA THRDS THRDES PIT FLEN TIPLEN HEI ZOFF DROT SDIA TAPA TDD INCA DIA2 CTH HOFF ZMOUNT RIGID TSDIA TSLEN TSTLEN HLDREF TPREF DESI
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATA | mmmmm | 03 | 71 | 02 | 08 |  | TMC0_00001 | High Speed Steel | 0 | 0 | 0 |   |   | 10.00000 | 01 | ISO Metric 60 | 1.50000 | 20.00000 | 2.00000 | 100.00000 | 0.00000 | 3 | 7.00000 | 0.00000 | 0.00000 | 88.88889 | 6.07683 | 0 | 0.00000 | 0.00000 | 1.0 |  |  |   |  |  | 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

[ Edited ]

Thanks Mark, but we don't use the ASCII-Library. We use TDM and if I get tapper-tool from TDM in my interface the parameter "(IA) Included Angle" and also the parameter "(TD) Tip Diameter" are missing:

Were do they come from in the original-interface? What do I have to do to get them? If I create a tapper-tool in NXCAM the interface the new parameters are included.

The UI template is usually set in library_dialogs.prt . I don't have TDM, but expect it to use the same UI templates.
Best wishes,
Joachim

In production NX 11.0.1.11 D3

You will have to ask the TDM support, since this is something that they need to provide.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Assuming TDM uses our NX library system, the tool dialog for a tool retrieved from a library should come from library_dialogs.prt.

The problem is that the TAP tool in library_dialogs does not have the new items. I'll look in to how this happened and get it fixed, but for now you can easily fix this yourself by copying the dialog customization from the tap in the hole_making template:

Open template_part\metric\library_dialogs.prt

Go to the tool view, select tool TAP, MB3, Customize From, OK.

Edit TAP and verify that (IA) and (TD) are in the dialog.

Save the part

Repeat for the english file.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Jobe or Mark did either of you figure this out? I am having the same issue with Zoller and they are having issues figuring it out too.

Learn online

Solution Information