cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect feature recognition with holemaking

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I really want to get the hole making options to work correctly, but I am not having luck. I created a shaft with a cross hole and chamfer. I would like to use a center drill to create 60 degree chamfer for the hole which I defined first with a step drill. The issues are  that the cone geometry it create is an incorrect diamter and and it only goes in tip depth.

I later tried again using a 90 degree countersink tool and a 90 degree chamfer on the hole. Just using that, the part is being gouged.

I am wondering how I can create a chamfer in NX in a cross hole using a center drill?

Using NX 8.0.3.4
3 REPLIES

Re: Incorrect feature recognition with holemaking

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

How are you creating the chamfer?

Note if you just use the default "chamfer" icon/settings, the chamfer may not be at a constant angle to the cross-hole.

(take cross sections parallel to, and perpendicular to, the shaft axis & measure the angle) relative to the cross hole CL)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The chamfer was created with a sketch and then a revolve.

Using NX 8.0.3.4

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You would have to change the manufacturing rule in MKE that is creating the operation.

If this is not a regular case, changing the depth in the operation should do it.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information