Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instanced operation and graphical editing.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Should instanced operations show the graphical edits which were done to the original operation?  I have some instances which did not update but I am not sure if instances support it. 

NX 12.0.1
4 REPLIES

Re: Instanced operation and graphical editing.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
Hello Mould_United,
thank you for your question.
Would you mind uploading some Screenshots or a part, so that we could understand the problem better?

Cheers,
Alexander

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The image shows part of an operation which was trimmed using the graphical editor.  The instances of this operation do not have these edits and so are not true instances but I do not know if this is working as designed or not.  If I edit anything inside the operation itself, such as cut parameters or feed rate, the instances will update. 

Image 1.png

NX 12.0.1

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
Unfortunately graphical edits are only recognized if you make the instance the first time.
If you do a graphical edit (for example trim) after instances are already created, then the instances are not updated. Like you mentioned, only change in parameters is recognized automatically, not graphical edits.
So you would have to delete old instances and do them again if you made a graphical edit in the "Mother" operation.

Cheers,
Alexander

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the clarification, Alexander. I imagine it could be by design since users may want the flexibility to edit some of the instances and not others.  If that is the case then a switch would be nice to have.

NX 12.0.1

Learn online

Solution Information