NX supports inheriting of parent settings, but currently one can only change that for one selected object in the ONT and not for multiple selected objects.
Below find a proposal for allowing changing the inheritance for multiple selected objects.
1. Short Description of desired enhancement: <Problem rather than a solution>
+ it is not possible to check inheritance if multiple objects are selected in the ONT
2. What activity in your process is the product not able to currently handle?
+ we want to enable inheritance of parent settings of multiple selected CAM objects
3. What result are you trying to achieve? (Please provide as many details as possible.)
+ for example, change inheritance of feed and speed settings of multiple operations in one go
+ bulk edit of CAM object settings in general
4. Do you currently have a workaround?
+ change the inheritance one object after the other, which is very cumbersome if there are many
5. Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision Siemens PLM providing for this capability?
+ enhance the existing parent settings inheritance
6. What is the level of productivity gained from such an enhancement?
+ HIGH, allow bulk editing of settings that can be inherited from the parent
7. Other information:
+ Link us to ER#9360786
Hope this will allow a step forward to bulk editing of objects.