From my point of view more people are suffering from the issue that it is not possible to utilize custom cut methods to set the HSC mode of CYCLE 32, when using Post Configurator.
Sure you can use the CYCLE 32 UDE, but the cut methods are already there, so why use an UDE?
Below find a proposal for a "me too" report at GTAC.
* Short Description of desired enhancement: <Problem rather than a solution>
- it is not possible to use custom cut methods to drive the HSC mode of CYCLE 32 for Heidenhain Post Configurator post.processors
* What activity in your process is the product not able to currently handle?
- we want to set HSC mode based on our own cut methods, not just the two OOTB ones
* What result are you trying to achieve? (Please provide as many details as possible.)
- have Post Configurator base the HSC mode of CYCLE 32 on our own cut methods
* Do you currently have a workaround?
* Do you have a proposal for the solution you envision Siemens PLM providing for this capability?
- allow adding a list of cut methods for roughing
- finishing seems to be the default, so no list needed for that
* What is the level of productivity gained from such an enhancement?
- HIGH, better support the customers configuration and needs
* Other information:
- Link to existing ER 9362093
Hope to get some supporters to make our lives easier in the future.