cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with adding word into postbuilder 11.0.1 environment

Creator
Creator

I have been working to add a UDE function which I beleive is working fine to allow an programmer to add in essence welding parameters to a post that our custom machine controller can use. For instance if I want to change the welding voltage we typically output this with the equivalent of an axis word with the Leader of "AV" for arc voltage and then a numeric value such as 20.0. Our output code would look something like this

G1 G90 G94 X1000 AV200 F100

I have a UDE that will allow the user to enter the voltage value and I wanted to add a new word in postbuilder that could be added to the appropropriate motion block to provide the AV200 value in essence shown above. I have recently moved to NX11 with PB11.0.1 and everytime I try to add a new word to list I get an error similar to

Error: can't read "gpb_addr_var(G_cutcom_1, leader_name)": no such element in array"

It seems like something is not getting read right by postbuilder. I beleive I followed the same steps in PB10 and all this seemed to work fine. Wasn't sure if anyone else has observered something similar?

6 REPLIES

Re: Issues with adding word into postbuilder 11.0.1 environment

Genius
Genius

Attached is a NX11 PB Generic Post with a new word having leader AV (look at the bottom of the word list)

Word created and post saved perfectly. No error. Try and see if you are getting the same problem. If not, then it may be that your NX10 post is not fully compatible with PB11, or worst case scenario corrupted (e.g. Chars/symbol missing, it occasionally happens when converting posts).

To find corruption in different versions, use Notepad+ with the "compare" plugin installed. Load both Ver10(original) and Ver11(converted) of your post (pui,tcl,def,cdl) and look for trunked/missing stuff.

Creator
Creator

Thank you for taking a look at this for me. I opened up your sample post this morning and as expected the new word was there. Just as a test I tried to add an additional new word and unfortunately received the same error I had before. I went back in PB10 and was able to add a word just fine. It seems as if something did not install correctly in PB11 or I have some type of path or environment variable that might not be set right?

I've attached a screen shot of the error I received when trying to add a new word to your post.

Scotterror-adding_new_word.PNG

Genius
Genius

odd....

Passing over the dbase folder from my 11 installation (with MP3).

Backup/rename your folder to:

C:\Program Files\SIEMENS\NX 11.0\POSTBUILD\app\dbase.BAK

and use the one attached.

See if this makes a difference. I've had post corruption in the past and it lead to having tcl code errors in some of the PB releases. Most commonly in the dbase folder

PB 11.0.1 is not released. If you can duplicate this in PB 11, please log a call with GTAC.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Creator
Creator

Thanks for pointing that out to me Mark. We are working with some of the additive tools within NX as part of the EAP program and it didn't really occur to me that PB would be effected. I apologize for not paying better attention and potentially sending you and others on a wild goose chase with this thread. I guess I was thinking we might actually be a hot fix or maintenance pack behind the current release but apparently that is not the case.

steckman wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out to me Mark. We are working with some of the additive tools within NX as part of the EAP program and it didn't really occur to me that PB would be effected. I apologize for not paying better attention and potentially sending you and others on a wild goose chase with this thread. I guess I was thinking we might actually be a hot fix or maintenance pack behind the current release but apparently that is not the case.

No problem - just glad to see you're involved in the EAP.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information