Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Journal to change cut direction contour profile sequence

Thanks Stefan, I raised request for  my IT team to install, Hope it will done soon Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink

Meanwhile if possible could you look in to my journal and fix the isssue. now my journal is running without any error but no acction taken palce for Contour profile (multi axis) and area milling etc..

Regards,

Ganesh

Regards,
Ganesh
NX 8.5 and Vericut 7.3

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

If the path pattern is zig-zack or mixed, changing direction doesn't make any difference usually.

I use this code for some time now and haven't encountered any problems, so without the real operations, I can't test whats wrong with your operations.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX12.0.2, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX (1876) | AWC 3.4 Preparing: -

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Hi Srefan,

Due to company restrictions I can't provide original model, here i am attaching test part and journal which i am using. Please have a look on to this.

Still my Sharp installation pending with IT team so I haven't checked this journal in sharp

Regards,
Ganesh
NX 8.5 and Vericut 7.3

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

The UF code doesn't use the operation builder, so you are reverting the changes done by the UF code by committing the builder.

When you use the UF code you don't use the builder, the UF code is working directly on the operation.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX12.0.2, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX (1876) | AWC 3.4 Preparing: -

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

I updated my journal and it's working great. Thanks for your support and guidance Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Regards,
Ganesh
NX 8.5 and Vericut 7.3

FYI The original problem with JA for the cut direction in surface contouring is fixed in release NX 10.0.2. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Genius
Genius

Mark or Stefan, do you know of a way to switch the start and end of cut points in a contour profile op. now that the ability to change the cut direction has been fixed. If you record a journal it doesn't seem to record that functionality. Or is this a known problem?

Mike Diamond, CNC Programmer, Orizon Aerostructures Inc.

Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.1.4, ICAM V21
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX12

How do you switch the start and end points interactively?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Genius
Genius

At the moment when mirroring a part I have to go in to each operation and reselect the start and end points after switching the cut direction. Which wouldn't be that bad if it was a handful of operations, but the parts I'm programming have around 200-300 corner operations per part that I have to change the cut direction for.

The operations are basically 5-axis rest milling operations, but there is no reference tool capability in contour profile operations, so I have to use the start and end point options. 

Mike Diamond, CNC Programmer, Orizon Aerostructures Inc.

Production: NX10.0.3.5, Vericut 8.1.4, ICAM V21
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk
Testing: NX12
Highlighted

If I record a journal, I see the API to set the start or end point options:

surfaceContourBuilder1.DmCmBuilder.DmCmStartCutRadio = NXOpen.CAM.DmCmBuilder.DmCmCutPointType.Custom 

But there is nothing to define the reference points. If you need this, please call GTAC and log PR.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information