Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kawasaki Robotic programming for Deburring

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Does anyone has experience on CAM programming for Kawasaki Robotic Arm? The main job for CAM is to do Deburring. Is NX able to support and where I can ge support for this case?

Best Regards,

Edwin

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Kawasaki Robotic programming for Deburring

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Edwin,

NX CAM Robotics supports Kawasaki AS programing language. updated post you can find by following this link to GTAC . 

To use it you must have a CAM package as base (usually 5X or additive), on top of it the CAM Robotics license and the specific post license (for Kawasaki). you will also need to set up the robotic cell environment including definition of the robot kinematics (or work with someone to do it as service). There are online training courses to learn it.

If you can generate today in NX a toolpath adaquate for your task (deburring in this case) the robotic addon will allow you to control the additional degrees of freedom the robot has, and simulate / validate the result. the post would allow you to control the specific data you want using the post configurator interaction and generate the program. attaching the documentation we provide for this post as reference.

feel free to address more questions you may have.

Yours,

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM
Highlighted

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi Edwin,

I already have some experience with debburing use cases. We have done various projects with FANUC, KUKA, YASKAWA and SINUMERIK controllers or robots. But I have not worked with Kawasaki robots yet. On GTAC there is already a postprocessor for Kawasaki, but I have no reverences for this PP. Unfortunately, I already have a lot of projects that I support, so I can only help you marginally. Have you already set up and kinematized the robot cell as a 3D model? Is there a workpiece with deburring operations?

From NX CAM Robotics point of view, I first see no problems for your project!

Beste Grüße2019-07-15 09_02_46-Siemens PLM Download Server.png,

Sebastin 

Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi Eddy , 

Thanks for the info. It is very helpful . We are still in very early stage and I may many question if we go deeper into it . Thanks again . 

Best Regards,

Edwin

Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi Sebastin ,

Thanks for your info . We are in very early stage . I will have more question if we manage to go deeper in the project . Thanks again . 

Best Regards,

Edwin

Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi Eddy , 

I am trying some robotic movement and i come across this command that i cant seem to on (Robotic machining as attached) . Is there any setting i need to on ?  I am using NX1872.

Best Regards,

Edwin

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

the Robotic Machining group is available for all customers, but is customized off since most users do not use it (yet.. Smiley Happy) to turn it on, move the mouse on the ribbon all the way to the small triangle on the right side and there click on the Robotic Machining Group and you will get it in the ribbon.

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Solution Partner Pioneer

HI Eddy , 

Thanks . I got it . 

Best Regards,

Edwin

Learn online

Solution Information