Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of memory in the manufacturing module NX8.5, NX9 and NX10 when the license is borrowed

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi everibody:

I,m a teacher in a technical school and often I have to work out of our organization network where our license is located. The problem becames when I,m working using a borrowed license (only in the manufacturing module)and  in a short period of time computer´s memory collapse. It dosn´t mather the kind of computer after one hour the project gets blocked. Some suggestion??

6 REPLIES

Re: Lack of memory in the manufacturing module NX8.5, NX9 and NX10 when the license is borrowed

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like a bug.

Have you reported it to GTAC?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Re: Lack of memory in the manufacturing module NX8.5, NX9 and NX10 when the license is borrowed

The license borrowing should not make a difference. 

Are you saying if you run on the same computer inside your network, you do not have the issue?

Is the computer a supported platform? How much memory does it have?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Experimenter
Experimenter

thanks

I will report to Gtac and post the solution if they give me one

Experimenter
Experimenter

There is a big diference:

Same computer with the server license no problem but when this license is borrowed...

Some ratios

memory of 4Gb 30-45 min.

memory 6Gb 45-60min.

memory 16Gb similar a s 6Gb

After this time the memory is collapsed and you can see after starting the project that the use of memory starts growing and growing

Thkx in advance

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like there is a leak in the "borrowing" code...

Definitely report this to GTAC and get a IR/PR number.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Experimenter
Experimenter

no GTAC response yet and thinking to use a VPN option, there is another aspect that I´ve realized, if I travel with my laptop turned on from my company It works perfect. I can´t understand If the borrowing option is not reliable how it is offfered.

lessons finished in September I hope ...

Learn online

Solution Information