Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laser Deposition ToolPath

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Morning!

I try to use Laser Deposition for additive manufacturing and have one ununderstandable moment:

ADD2.pngI need add hightlighted part.

I have this part as SolidBody.

Important moment - thickness ~ equal Working diameter of laser.

I try to use PLANAR_ADDITIVE_SMOOTH_FOLLOW_PART or ZIG-ZAG - and I have a lot of motions, filled my Solid Body.

ADD3.pngFollow part motions

But!

I need just one pass, from left to rigth or mixed, left-to-right, next right-to-left..... How it possible?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Laser Deposition ToolPath

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Ok... I build my part. I use freeform thinwall. Not so good result, next time will be better.

20190404_135400.jpg

Re: Laser Deposition ToolPath

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Chigishev,

Thanks for posting and trying ou the Multi-Axis Additive Manufacturing.

There are many parameters that help determine how many passes are made when doing a part. Even if the part thickness is the same as your bead thickness, things such as percent overhang, percent stepover, etc can cause extra passes to be made. Generally, to force one bead, the use of one of the thinwall functions is the best option.

Looking at your picture of the deposition, what type of deposition are you doing Powdered metal, wire arc welding or something else? The picture looks like too much heat is being applied to and held in the thin portion, causing a lot of deformation. You may need to adjust the recipe on your machine to put less energy into the system, and also increase the cooling time in the operation.

Keep us informed of how it goes.

Jeff Jaje

Product Manager - Multi-Axis Additive Manufacturing

Learn online

Solution Information