cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lathe Spindle Mode, Surface Speed & Max RPM inheritance

Phenom
Phenom

Is there a way to get these values to inherit from a method or tool or somewhere else?

Feed & Speed.PNG

NX9.0.3

Thanks

Alex

3 REPLIES

Re: Lathe Spindle Mode, Surface Speed & Max RPM inheritance

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Short answer - No.

It has been asked to add this data to Method parent (like feedrates which are already there) and Siemens didn't seem particularly interested in doing it (I don't recall the ER, but it wasn't mine.  I believe it was psoted here somewhere).

I use part (or group) attribute to set a default CSS Max RPM, which can be over-ridden in specific operations with the dialog you show.  Post can then output the CSS max in the very beginning of the program (start of program event) as some people like it there.

Note you can make this a _bit_ easier a couple ways:

1) Define your own operation template parts with these values pre-populated

2) Set up feeds/speed libraries to enable the "Reset from table" to work as you need

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Phenom
Phenom

@Ken_A Thanks

As I thought.

Was checking if I had missed anything obvious.

Maybe Attribute on Method and a Journal to cycle all child operations and update

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Out of curiosity, since we just started to use turning more deeply, are there any enhancement requests open for a better way to set machining data like it is possible with milling and drilling operations?

If there are ERs open for turning and machining data could they be listed here, to be able to ask GTAC to be added as a customer also in need of this enhancement?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information