cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Borrowing

I was able to borrow licenses at my last job, but we had individual licensing.  Where I am currently working we have bundles, can you borrow them as well and if so is that a feature that can be turned on or off?  It has been a while so I don't remember how to borrow the licenses in the first place.

TIA

Jon

6 REPLIES

Re: License Borrowing

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

ASSUMING that borrowing has been turned on in the license file (see if the word "BORROW=..." is listed in the INCREMENT lines)...

Yes, you can borrow bundles

Use the "licensing tool" to do the borrowing

Note I think you have to specifically request that borrowing be enabled for you license file, so if no one has needed it yet at your company, it may not be there.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Ken_A wrote:

ASSUMING that borrowing has been turned on in the license file (see if the word "BORROW=..." is listed in the INCREMENT lines)...

Yes, you can borrow bundles

Use the "licensing tool" to do the borrowing

Note I think you have to specifically request that borrowing be enabled for you license file, so if no one has needed it yet at your company, it may not be there.

So I need to get into contact with my reseller then, because going into licensing tool and clicking on Borrowing, it tells me that it is disabled.

Legend
Legend

Its a lot less headache if you create a VPN connection into your work server and then point your local machine to that server for the license file. It will automatically give you the licenses and take them away when you close down.

Pretty simple to setup.

NX11.0.1

Dstryr wrote:

Its a lot less headache if you create a VPN connection into your work server and then point your local machine to that server for the license file. It will automatically give you the licenses and take them away when you close down.

Pretty simple to setup.

While I would normally do that, the company's network isn't the best and where I live(middle of nowhere) best internet I can get is .5 Mbps.  I can possibly still go that route to access the license and just move the files to my laptop before leaving.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

As long as *all* you are doing over the WAN is licensing, I've seen it done (quite a while ago) on 56k modems.

But the means thet *all* customization has to be local to your C:\ (or whatever) drive (which would also apply if you were borrowing a license)

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Well it looks like the VPN option is out, I just talked to our IT department and they said the company does not do VPN anymore.  License borrowing is my only option now.

Learn online

Solution Information