cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Gouges

Pioneer
Pioneer

We migrated from version 7.5 to 9.0 a short while ago. One thing I miss from 7.5 is when I have gouges, I could choose "list gouges" and would have the loctions. I could find them super quick. We run some large parts with complex geometry and locating the gouges can take a considerably longer time now. I know I can pause it on each gouge, and I assign a contrasting color, but it still takes much longer now to  locate them. I yet to file an enhancement request with GTAC, and will. Am I missing something here or is removing the "list gouges funtion" ontentional? If it is intentional, WHY?

4 REPLIES

Re: List Gouges

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

There is no such option, but the best I have come up with is to use tool path verify.

The steps are as follows:

1. enable gouge checking through the options dialog of verify
  2. play back the tool path
  3. change the tool path display to only gouges
  4. you can now easily place the tool at the gouges Smiley Wink

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you Stephen! Works nice. Only thing I miss now is, in the report, it used (v7.5) to include the amount it was gouging by. If it was only a couple of 1/10,000ths I would not care. That report I can only get in Vericut which takes more time, again.  Again, thanks for the info - MC

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I see what you mean now.

This gouge distance was never accurate enough and so it has been removed.

I think I have had a problem report addressing that and I was told that the list gouges option will no longer display the gouge distance starting with NX8.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Pioneer
Pioneer

Well, I have to say it never burned me. I've been running this software since UG version 11. But I also did a close visual before determining I was going to ignore the warning. Thanks again for you're help.  MC

Learn online

Solution Information