cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load tool_database on CAM startup

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi there !

Is there a way to load the tools and holder from the tool_database.dat and holder_database.dat automatically whenever i open a new CAM Session in NX ? 

thanks

wolfgang

4 REPLIES

Re: Load tool_database on CAM startup

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Add your standard tools to the template part you are using or write a journal to retrieve the tools from the library.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Experimenter
Experimenter

That's what i already did, but it doesn't work.I loaded them into my template part and saved the file. When i open a new nx cam session, there are no tools.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Have you set the template settings for the CAM objects?

1. select all objects in the ONT tool view except the root and the "unused objects"
  2. from the context menu of the selected objects select "Object => Template Settings"
  3. en- and disable the check box for "use as template" at least twice till it is not checked
  4. dis- and enable the check box for "load with parent" at least twice till it is checked

Turning the settings at least once to the opposite value as finally needed makes sure to have all selected objects set the same, since the objects can have different settings and the dialog doesn't display these differences.

You should take a class on CAM customization and configuration, since this area is a huge one.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Experimenter
Experimenter

thanks, that worked !

Learn online

Solution Information