Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Look Ahead in postprocessor, not so easy question..

Hello, ALL!

I have not so easy problem. Try to explain:

I have a postprocessor for simple 3axis mill machine, and example of my nc-programm:

N1 G01 X0 Y0 F234.0 (for example F234.0)

N2 X20 Y32 Z23

N3 X-20 Y43

N4 X-25 Y29 Z22

N5 X-35 Y22 Z0

N12 X45 Y98 Z0

N13 X44 Y-98

All XYZ values random, just for example

Very easy, very simple, and for first view point - no any problem. BUT!

Motion at line N13 change a vector motion, and feed MUST BE F100.0, for example. Why? CNC machine cannot change direction of motions at a short distance, will be impact and machine will be stop.  

But this is ordinary cut motion, with common feed for all cut motions F234. - see line N1

I cannot use slowdown at corners, correct nc-programm must be:

N1 G01 X0 Y0 F234.0 (for example F234.0)

N2 X20 Y32 Z23

N3 X-20 Y43

N4 X-25 Y29 Z22

N5 X-35 Y22 Z0

N10 X55 Y88 F200.

N11 X64 Y76.0 F150.

N12 X45 Y98 Z0 F125.

N13 X44 Y-98 F100.

Postprocessor must decreas feed not in previous line, but postprocessor must to make complex procedure - "rewind" line-by-line already postprocessed nc-program and change feed if it must be changed.

Problem - I will be know feed for current line after postprocessing 5-10 lines after current line.

I know one possible solution - close output file after postprocessing, reopen, read line-by-line, analyse and - "rewind" line-by-line, recalc feed and output correct feed.

U-u-u-ff..

I hope - understandable.

6 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chigishev
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Look Ahead in postprocessor, not so easy question..

One thing I have done is load the whole program into an array by override of MOM_before_output. This way - you can still use block templates and MOM_output_literal - but even while processing the program you can change output in any previous lines.

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

I thinking about it.. But - how I can use MOM_before_output? Have you any simple example just for idea?

Something like this:

if {[string length [info procs MOM_before_output]]} {rename MOM_before_output MOM_UGS_before_output}
  #=============================================================
  proc MOM_before_output { } {

if {[string length [info procs MOM_UGS_before_output]]} {MOM_UGS_before_output}

global mom_o_buffer my_mom_o_buffer my_mom_o_buffer_cnt

if {![info exists my_mom_o_buffer_cnt]} {set my_mom_o_buffer_cnt 0}
    incr my_mom_o_buffer_cnt
    set my_mom_o_buffer($my_mom_o_buffer_cnt) $mom_o_buffer
    set mom_o_buffer ""

}

NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Thanks.

I need some time to build my postprocessor, and - I will mark your advise as solution.

Are you sure that you can't set some machine parameter on the real cnc machine instead?

In the past I developed a post for a Taiwanese machine that follow any block but it keeped the feed value and the parts were machined well but with very high errors in dimensions.

I found on the manual that giving to the controller a M command, the machine looks ahead the toolpath and basing on a machina parameter calcolate the maximum feedrate to respect the tolerance.

So the machine slows down automatically whenever the toolpath has a tight corner or little radius.

If you find this on your machine you could set the special M code in the post, automatically setted basing on the type of operation (ad example for all the milling operation and turned off in drilling operations).

Thanks!!

Thank you, Study!

I have marked your advise as solution, today I finish my postprocessor, I save all motions to array in MOM_before_output, at end of programm close output file, analyse all motions in array, calc new feeds and - open output file and output all motions. Working!!

Thank you for idea. Of course, a lot of surprises from MOM_before_output.. 

Learn online

Solution Information