cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.MCF file modifications

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Are most people going to their NX reseller for minor .MCF file modifications?  I'm not having much luck and was wondering where other people are getting help with this.  I'm trying to adapt simulation example 14 to work with a new machine we are purchasing.  The B axis of our machine is at a different vector than the example and I think this needs to be updated in the .MCF file with machine configurator. 

Thanks,

Stryker

1 REPLY

Re: .MCF file modifications

Stryker wrote:

Are most people going to their NX reseller for minor .MCF file modifications?  I'm not having much luck and was wondering where other people are getting help with this.  I'm trying to adapt simulation example 14 to work with a new machine we are purchasing.  The B axis of our machine is at a different vector than the example and I think this needs to be updated in the .MCF file with machine configurator. 

I think this depends on how much you intend to do this. With Machine Configurator and some training, you should be able to do this yourself. If it is only a minor task every here and then, I would recommend getting this done by a reseller or Siemens. If you intend to do these changes regularly, I would recommend investing in software and training.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information