Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

MCS and created tools NOT VISIBLE in Operation Navigation

As a beginner in NX manufacturing I succesfully completed a couple of tutorial examples.

While doing another example I realized that the MCS reference systems and all the created tools are not visible in the "Operation Navigation". Below just an example: The classical root structure (Geometry-->Unused Items-->MCS_MILL) is not visible but if I click on the third row something appears in the "dependences". Regarding the created tools is even worse. in that case the created tool can not be selected and modified.

Does anyone of you know how to fix these issues?

I searched for something similar but I've not found the right solution.

I also tried to re-install NX but even removing the Siemens settings in the Windows registry the problem remains. 

4 REPLIES

Re: MCS and created tools NOT VISIBLE in Operation Navigation

It looks like you just need to scroll to the left - can you try that?

If not, go to Menu > Preferences > User Interface > Reset Window Position.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Dear Mark,

unfortunately both the suggested solutions do not work.

As you can see below it seems a graphical issue...

In the machine tool view the created tools are not visible even if they were correctly created (look at the dependencies).

Solution
Solution
Accepted by MarkRief (VIP)
‎02-08-2016 10:40 AM

[ Edited ]

The problem I see is that the first column (Name) in the Operatin Navigator is not visible.

This is always available, and out of the box it is frozen, so I don't know where it is hiding.

If you have unfreezed the column and scrolled to the right, I would expect to see a scroll bar olong the bottom.

The screen looks like you did not reset the window positions - are you sure you did this? All the navigators should have gone back to their original layouts, and I don't see that.

Try this - undock the navigator by double clicking on the tab on the resource bar, and stretch the width as far as you can. Do you see the first column? If so, right click on the Name column title and freeze it. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Many thanks. Now it works.

The first column was hidden by few other columns...

resetting  the window positions was not effective.

Sincerely Yours

Learn online

Solution Information