Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MO's will not hold generation upon close and reopen.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello all,

MO's will not hold generation upon close and reopen.

I have no idea what I did that made this file to have it start doing this weeks ago.

I just do not close it thru the week. (Takes for ever to regenrate so I can move forward.)

So, whenever I close the file and reopen it all the MO's are jacked up and need regenerating. Every one of them. Its a big file. I have cleaned the file regenerated. Save off. Close and I am back to the same situation again.

About 50MB without any IPW.

Any sugestions?

I am very new to NX so it could easly be my approch to the file.

I also thought that maybe a key file is for some reson a read-only. Somehow.

And maybe my load options while working. What is the best load options when opening?

NX 11.0.2 mp04

22 REPLIES

Re: MO's will not hold generation upon close and reopen.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Also, I started this file in NX10 And moved it to 11.0.1 because of the better mirroring of 11. Not sure but maybe that is when it started reacting this way.

Phenom
Phenom

I have seen this if you are using partial loading or setting component reference sets to "Empty"

Genius
Genius

Is your toolpath there?

If it is, you do not need to regenerate.

right mouse click on the path, obect --> approve

You can approve multiple paths by selecting them or approving parents.

It seems a little unsettling, but you get used to it.

Often if I have something using an IPW. it will want regen for anything that happens above. If I know there will be no change to the path based on the change, I just object approve so I don't waste time regenerating.

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5, NX12.0.1, MP2}

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you,
So, I tried no partial loading. no change.
I tried approving. Saved file. exited. Opened NX the file and all were jacked up.
Then tried again all above but locking after approval, saving, to see if that would help keep the approval state and no-go.
Then open file and they are still locked but have the red circle with line thru (Jacked-up/Dirty) and approval is gone.
Looking into the "Empty" reference set now.

Still on the hunt. This is driving me crazy. Is this a bug?

Pioneer
Pioneer
Reference sets are all same and not "Empty"

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Typically when we see this, there is one (or more) components that isn't saved, so every time the assembly is opened, the part "updates" and hoses all the CAM operations. (we are in TC and the CAM user has no write access).

If we have a DBA open and save EVERYTHING, that tends to fix the problem.

Other possibilities:

- in the CAM file, do you have "manufacturing plane" features? If so, check them (EVERY one) and make sure the "Timestamp" option is turned off (also check other WAVE linked objects - Is there a "Manufacturing curve" one as well?)

- Make sure you ALWAYS open your assembly with partial loading OFF and "load interpart data" set to "all levels"

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Genius
Genius

I think you lost the approve option because they are locked. unlock them, the button will come back

Only time I've seen an issue with this would be using "paste inside with reference" but it's getting better.

If I page down thru... and see the path, nothing has changed I know of that would cause the issue... object approve

Are you putting the toolpath on a linked body inside your manufacturing file... that could help.

If you are just putting tool path on a body in an assembly...there are more factures that could influence toolpath going out of date... anything changes in the assembly the tool path will want an update.

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5, NX12.0.1, MP2}

Pioneer
Pioneer
Ken,
"If we have a DBA open and save EVERYTHING, that tends to fix the problem."
What is a DBA?

Pioneer
Pioneer
As of now I still have the condition. I have tried everything so far. Changed to the ways all have said so far.
I do have an issue that I would like to fix and that is my main linked body is broken. It has been since before I took over this project. And was like that way before this current issue has been happening. It may be adding to the cause. How do I re-link a body, re-attach it. That body is still in my tree. Maybe if it gets fixed the other will resolve itself thru the items everyone has listed that I have tried.

Learn online

Solution Information