Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MO's will not hold generation upon close and reopen.

Legend
Legend

double click the linked body, use the "replacement assistant"

If the bodies are both in the same place in modeling space they sould link up pretty easy

{Paul Schneider}, {CNC Programmer}, {DRT-Rochester}

Production: {NX11.0.2,MP5, NX12.0.2, MP4}

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

DBA = Teamcenter account with "DBA" (database admin?) priviliege

Including the ability to turn "bypass" on

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

When you open the file, in the cue/status line (typically at the bottom of the screen) do you see messages indicating it is updating features?

Pioneer
Pioneer
When I double click on it the "wave geometry linker" pallet comes up. I select it (the body in my assy. tree) and its says select Component (1) but will not show up in Select Bodies above it. Other part or work part

Legend
Legend

button in the bottom right is the entry to to replacement assistant.

allows you to fix broken links. it can be a little involved if your not used to it. and it sounds like your file is very "busy"

I don't think this is your problem. broken linked bodies with geometry applied to them have nothing to update (link is broken)

If you have check geometry in your workpiece it can cause issues with tool path going out of date.

I often link in my check bodies into the mfg file, so they always show up regardless if the assembly body is loaded or not.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

psch_wny,
I see what you are talking about so I am going the correct direction. But that button is grayed out. (work or other part)

Pioneer
Pioneer
Ken,
"When you open the file, in the cue/status line (typically at the bottom of the screen) do you see messages indicating it is updating features?"

Yes mostly it says loading and quickly all the file names zip by. and sometimes it says updating instead of loading. occasionally. Not many times.

So maybe something gets updated upon load? and is that what is jacking them up? Must be a load setting?

Legend
Legend

RE: relink body....Once you have selected a body (the original body that was linked), the replacement assistant button becomes available.

If the assembly structure or hierarchy changes these links typically break, I would not worry about it.

I agree with Ken, something in your assembly is probably out of date and initiating the tool path regeneration every time you open the file.

there is a report called "component update report", type that in the command finder, run it. see if anything pops out.

You can also do an "update all" (look up thru command finder) may fix an assembly issue

I would do a "save all" not just save. once complete

Another thing to try, again, do this on ALL parts in assembly (there's a setting for that in the dialog)

File -> Utilities -> Part Cleanup.

In general, I check all the "Simple" and "Moderate" items (and others if know what you're doing), then run it *3* times ("Apply-Apply-OK")

Then save everything, close all parts & reopen.

Regenerate all operations

Save all parts, close all parts, and re-open?

Yes, the "Updating..." tends to be a bad sign, there's some sort of issue with the assembly.  And until you fix that issue, your operations will all be "red circle" when you open the part.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Ok, So I have done all and your right there is something in my assembly that on load requires it to do a "update assembly" in the cue/status line. I am going to check my assembly and see what I can do to stop the updating. Then do all the regenerating save all stuff again. Wish me luck I do not make this file junk in the process.

Thanks again for all the attention everyone has given this issue of mine.

Learn online

Solution Information