Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MODEL REVISION (file .stp)

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I need to import a new model revision (with only some little modifications about the model) and I've already genereted some operations with the "old" model version.
The problem is that I import file .stp such as part model. So when I have a new revision I have a new model file. If I try to replace the model, NX reads it as a new part model and I can't use the old operations.

How can I save the operations that I've already generated? 

I hope that I don't have to generate a new completely cam file (and repeate the operations that I've already generated).

Thanks,
Narco

4 REPLIES

Re: MODEL REVISION (file .stp)

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The best way is to create a master-model assembly.

The STEP part is the component and the CAM part is the parent.

You then just have to save the CAM part as new revision and replace the component with the new converted STEP file.

Using the replacement assistant to update the linked body will keep most relations of faces and edges, so that your CAM operations are happy.

If you don't like to convert your piece part into an assembly, you can import the CAM objects of the old part in the new one using the regular file => import => part approach.

I would still recommend to create CAM assemblies, since they make you life easier.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks!

But if I replace the component with the new one when I edit the operations I see where I specified some cut area, for example, that the operations lost the specified area and so on... and moreover I can't see during the "verify 3d" the material removal.

Can you explain me the correct steps that I have to follow?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You need to use the wave geometry linker to create a linked body, this enables you to use the replacement assistant of the linked body to match the old faces and edges to the new ones, so that the areas are not entirely lost.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Pioneer
Pioneer
It looks good!!!
If I find any problems with this process I'll wirite you.

Thanks Stefan!!!
Have a nice day.

Learn online

Solution Information