Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

MOM Variable for Shank Diameter?

Does anyone know if there is a mom variable that allows you to capture the shank diameter as defined in the "Shank" tab of the tool dialog window?

I'm aware of mom_tool_shank_diameter that is only avialable for Barrel and T-Cutters.  This variable appears to pull the shank diameter from the neck diameter field.  I'm really after the shank diameter that is defined in the field shown above.

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Ellison
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: MOM Variable for Shank Diameter?

Have you already tried to enable the review tool, when you create a shop documentation or NC code?

Give the option to search for a recognizable value and look for it in the review tool.

there are also some text files created, where you can search for the value more easily.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Re: MOM Variable for Shank Diameter?

Cool. Found it.  It is mom_tool_tapered_shank_diameter.  I found it by opening up the  .._debug.out file that gets generated with the Review Tool on.  Thanks for pointing this out!  I didn't realize NX was writing the debug.out file with the Review Tool.  Very nice!

Learn online

Solution Information