Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MOM can not parse definition file error in Mac and Linux

Hi,

We love to run NX on Linux and Mac (in fact, it's one of the reasons we chose NX) but since NX 11 and 11.0.1 we cannot do machine simulation anymore. Just loading a machine tool produces a nasty "MOM can not parse definition file" error both in Linux and Mac.

I attached the log and screenshot hoping that some has already figured this out and is willing to share his solution.

All the best,

Alfonso

11 REPLIES

Re: MOM can not parse definition file error in Mac and Linux

Hello,

I am strongly assume that is due to comments starting with # inside the def file.

Fast Solution / Workaround is to remove all these lines.

All OOTB Example we are delivering with posts created by Post Configurator should have that problem fixed. For the sim09 Sinumerik we do plan deliver a Post Configurator post will the next NX version update.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Thanks Thomas, I removed all the comment lines that had the # characters but the problem persists. Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]

Hi Alfonso,

as Thomas mentioned it's necessary to remove all # from the def and cdl-file. I attached you the sim09 post from NX11.0 where i deleted all the comments. Maybe compare to your files or copy this into the sim09 postfolder.

I've tested with NX11 in Linux.

Best regards

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, that did the trick! I missed deleting the comments from the cdl-file also. It now works in NX 11 in both Mac and Linux.

Now the bad news: NX 11.0.1 is behaving even worse. When switching to the manufacturing environment, it fails even when trying to create a new tool. The log file gives this error:

Error code 1740002: MOM can not parse definition file; PARSE ERROR: <parse error>. File /Applications/Siemens/NX11.0/mach/updates/library/tool/ascii/dbc_tool_ascii.def, In or Near Line Number 1, Line .

I tried to remove the comments in all the def files inside /Applications/Siemens/NX11.0/mach/updates/library/tool/ascii/ without any success.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Alfonso

Have you tried installing NX 11.0.1 MP1?

Check the read-me of it if the issue has been fixed.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Hi Alfonso,

i have to check what is going wrong with the updates folder here. Please uncheck in the customer defaults the use latest updated librarys. Then the content of the folder is not used. It contains mainly things for new content in minor releases. So if that not needed you can uncheck.

linux_issue.jpg

Did this work?

I try to reproduce your error with the NX11.0.1 and will check this, maybe a PR.

Best regards

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, it worked partially. It now allows me to create tools but clicking the Simulate Machine silently crashes NX.

I'll need to rollback to NX 11.0 Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your suggestion Stefan. Yes I tried to install 11.0.1, but unleashes a lot of new problems rendering CAM unusable.

The problem is with the INCLUDE statement and its underlying function (on any Unix platforms) that any CDL or Def files getting included need to have all # lines removed.

Learn online

Solution Information