Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

MRL- Cad Model from Vendor Catalog Not Uploading

I am trying to import the vendor catalog (GTC) by Sandvik into MRL.The hierarchy and attributes are coming properly but the step files(3d model) of tools and components are not uploading.

My import process was interrupted once in between.Could it be because of that?

I require the CAD models for assembly purpose.

Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

8 REPLIES

Re: MRL- Cad Model from Vendor Catalog Not Uploading

Sorry, can't help you with your problem, but i would be interested to hear your experiences with MRL.  Did you upgrade from MRM?

If I am not mistaken, you paid for the Sandvik catalog, so the Sandvik support should be able to help you. They should have tested their catalog and they should be able to give you proper recommendations.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Please contact GTAC with this. If they don't know the solution, they will contact our MRL experts in development.  

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

The catalogue can be downloaded free of charge from the Sandvik website or its also available via a memory stick upon request. ToolsUnited also offer a Teamcenter MRL plug-in which I understand is charged per download

Thank you all for your views.

Well i have downloaded the free copy from sandvik.Have raised the issue in GTAC also.

Seems i have issue with the graphic builder as the option of import 3d model from current source gives an error.

I will get back with the error snapshot.

Thanks

Shanky1703 wrote:

Seems i have issue with the graphic builder as the option of import 3d model from current source gives an error.

What is the error? What version are you running?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

I work regularly with MRL and can offer some support with this item (GTC) Vendor catalogs and/or Graphics Builder

These functions, GTC Import and Graphics Builder are based on many environments and TC preferences.

I can try to Import the named GTC catalog and see if it works in my env.

You would have to share steps or provide the named Catalog.

I can only suggest to email me directly and then you or I can share findings in this posting

brown.craig@siemens.com

Cheers

Craig

Solution
Solution
Accepted by MarkRief (VIP)
‎04-28-2017 03:15 PM

Hi All

Sorry for such a late rep.had some infrastructure issues at my end.

Well i have found the solution for the issue for time being.I used a system with graphics card to check with the MRL and its working all fine.The 3d model view is now available in MRL .

Currently going with the assembly process.

Thanks for help!

Learn online

Solution Information