Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

MRL demonstration

Recently we had a demonstration of the MRL library. We are considering this path to manage our tool inventory for our users. We are currently managaing our tools in the tool database. We also work in a Teamcenter enviroment. How many users are there actively using it and how are you using? Looking for some feedback.

1 REPLY
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author artmann
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: MRL demonstration

We currently use MTL, the previous classification for tools, but are in the process of migrating to MRL.

I thought that I could just start out with some minor changes to MRL, but I am now facing a start from scratch, since there are many things missing or not yet supported that make live so much easier if you add tools.

For example, NX holder sections are only specified at assembly level, so you have to repeatedly specify them for holders used multiple times.

We currently have them specified once at the holder component and inherit them at assembly level.

I have posted some of the enhancement requests for MRL here, so you could take a look if that is something you would need too.

In addition I have not yet seen any tool vendor offering a vendor catalog, so you will have to manually add any tool components.

Finally using MRL is a big step forward for us, since it is so much easier to handle and maintain than the ASCII library.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Learn online

Solution Information