Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Machine Code Simulation bug - NX10.0.1

Using machine code simulation with "show material" removal.

If you don't run it from the very beginning it isn't picking up the IPW and is telling me the tool is crashing into the part.

NX11.0.1
5 REPLIES

Re: Machine Code Simulation bug - NX10.0.1

Have you contacted GTAC about this?

I don't see a PR in this area for NX 10.0.1.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

I.R. 7328393
NX11.0.1
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dstryr
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

It looks like you found out that if you want to do machine simulation with material removal, you need to start from the beginning.

Note that Verify works differently. If the previous operation has a valid IPW from generating or verifying, then verify starts with that. If there is no IPW, then it will generate one to start with.

The behavior is different because the IPW produced by machine tool simulation can be different, and we need to be sure that the material shown in simulation is accurate.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

[ Edited ]

Yeah after a month of 80 hours weeks I had officially lost it. I had myself convinced there was a bug. After talking with the GTAC rep and thinking about it on that Saturday I figured out what was going on.

In the past I had created multiple work pieces along the process to speed up the IPW generation.

So

Workpiece_Rough

Workpiece_semi-finish

Workpiece_finish

Workpiece_holes

Workpiece_undercut

So when you do machine code simulation with Show 3d material removal it works starting at the current IPW state.

NX11.0.1

Dstryr wrote:

Yeah after a month of 80 hours weeks I had officially lost it. I had myself convinced there was a bug. After talking with the GTAC rep and thinking about it on that Saturday I figured out what was going on. 

We've all been there :*)

Glad you got enough sleep and have it figured out now.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information